Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for GUS

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From other reports Gus is usually at work by 6.30 or 7.00am so would obviously drive so why a taxi home. If his car was off the road the garage would have given him a courtesy car.

Taxis run 24/7. Starting work at 6.30 doesn't mean driving is the only way to get there.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Taxis run 24/7. Starting work at 6.30 doesn't mean driving is the only way to get there.

Stop talking about the taxi, I think we can safely assume it is possible Gus took a taxi, especially after his train incident last week!
Also Bobby Zamora has said he wants to return, Jol doesn't want him. I hope TB can justify spending £££'s to bring him home, either in jan or more likely next season.
To all those in 'the never go back' camp, piss off it's Booby Bloody Zamora FFS.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fulham FC : Jol backs Zamora for England - Fulham FC Latest News

Sorry but this one doesnt sound like the comments of a Manager who has fallen out with his striker to me.

He isn't exactly talking of Zamora as a stand out star, just one option. Doesn't exactly read as someone who is completely enamoured with his striker, to me. But I could be projecting, knowing that it was soon afterJol joined tottenham that zamora was sold, and that after joining fulhma zamora found himself on the bench.

Could just be that he is trying to big up Zamora so the club can charge more for him as 'an england international' rather than just an unwanted player.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
As far as the 'Gus wouldn't talk to anyone about transfer rumours' quote is concerned that is wrong. I saw him after the game last Sunday and asked him about signing LuaLua in Jan he said, we will see, Its not my money that's spent. Also asked him about another big name addition, he smiled and said yeah I guess you want Bobby back eh? We will see... Didnt give a major indication on possible signings etc but wasn't blunt and seemed genuinely happy to talk transfers to anyone. Really nice bloke too!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
But I could be projecting, knowing that it was soon afterJol joined tottenham that zamora was sold, and that after joining fulhma zamora found himself on the bench.

Bobby left Spurs in January 2004, Martin Jol didn't arrive there until June 2004 under Jaques Santini, Jol became Spurs manager in November 2004. Glenn Hoddle signed Zamora for Spurs but left after a poor start to the 2003/04 season. It was David Pleat who acted as caretaker manager for the remainder of the 03/04 season that sold Zamora to West Ham as part of the Defoe deal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bobby left Spurs in January 2004, Martin Jol didn't arrive there until June 2004 under Jaques Santini, Jol became Spurs manager in November 2004. Glenn Hoddle signed Zamora for Spurs but left after a poor start to the 2003/04 season. It was David Pleat who acted as caretaker manager for the remainder of the 03/04 season that sold Zamora to West Ham as part of the Defoe deal.

That's not what I read recently, but I imagine you're right and I'm wrong. So I will amend my statement to 'projecting what I had read elsewhere'. I still don't see his comments as an emphatic statement of love for Zamora.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
That's not what I read recently, but I imagine you're right and I'm wrong. So I will amend my statement to 'projecting what I had read elsewhere'. I still don't see his comments as an emphatic statement of love for Zamora.

Totally agree with you there re what his comments actually mean. If they've fallen out and he's looking at selling him come January any England apperances/being involved with the squad etc will only increase the amount Jol can seek to get for Bobby. He's looking out for his budget rather than Bobbys career.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here