Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for GUS

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
From other reports Gus is usually at work by 6.30 or 7.00am so would obviously drive so why a taxi home. If his car was off the road the garage would have given him a courtesy car.

Because no-one ever changes their plans in the middle of the day. Is it not possible that Gus had some late running meetings and Tanno had already had to leave for the day? No doubt the taxi would be at the clubs expense and it's easier than getting a train back.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Gus is very worried about Elphicks injury and when he will come back, his contract is up soon apparently.

Gus's house is very large, very detached and very impressive.

Lewis Dunk doesn't go to see his granny often enough (this is what my mate told him as he picks her up regularly). Gus said that Dunky is a good kid but "like all teenagers, all they intrested een ees the girfrien an Playstation"

MAIN revelation from tonights journey home - the BZ rumour is indeed true, we are pushing VERY hard to persuade Bobby to come back. "He can have captaincy, penalties, whatever he wants..."

Well.

I so want this to be true but........

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Well, the Bobster coming home would certainly put bums on those extra seats that are going in for next season.
Oh, please let it happen!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a very apt thread title

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gus talking about transfer targets to a cabby?

really?

:glare:

If you've ever met the man you would realise that not only is this extremely likely, but I would go as far as saying it would be extremely UNlikely that he wouldn't talk about it. You cant shut the man up if the word 'football' is mentioned.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG, I'm not overly fussed whether you believe me or not, and you can concoct any number of reasons why Gus getting a cab home is apparently an incredible and unfathomable event. But he DID get a cab home tonight, I spoke with the (excited) driver before and after.

Not disputing you Easy just cannot understand why he would need to get a a taxi other than he had had a drink or three. With his total dominance I would have expected somebody to be detailed take him home if he couldnt drive.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not disputing you Easy just cannot understand why he would need to get a a taxi other than he had had a drink or three. With his total dominance I would have expected somebody to be detailed take him home if he couldnt drive.

I would have thought the chances of an England international thinking about dropping down to the Championship 6 months before Euro 2012 would be harder to believe than Gus Poyet getting a taxi home from work one day, but there you go.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
"Zamora has two-and-a-half years remaining on his £45,000-a-week contract and it is believed that he might be willing to drop down a division to spearhead the revival of an ambitious Championship club"

Can't be Palace or West Ham if the word "revival of an ambitious Championship club" is mentioned? Shirley?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Zamora has two-and-a-half years remaining on his £45,000-a-week contract and it is believed that he might be willing to drop down a division to spearhead the revival of an ambitious Championship club"

Can't be Palace or West Ham if the word "revival of an ambitious Championship club" is mentioned? Shirley?
I could see him returning to West Ham but there is NO WAY he'd go to Palace.

Is there?

If he did, I'd probably cry. Really.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I would have thought the chances of an England international thinking about dropping down to the Championship 6 months before Euro 2012 would be harder to believe than Gus Poyet getting a taxi home from work one day, but there you go.

I don't believe it for a moment, i want to but it seems to be stretching reality a little too far even since Vincente. However in terms of England surely it would be better to play 20 games and bang in 20 goals at championship level than possibly sit on the bench for Fulham and Capello does have previous in selecting Boothroyd when he was in the championship (QPR or Cardiff i think) although i think that was for a friendly. Having said that i would have thought West Ham are the clear favourites not only because they probably have more cash to throw around but also they haev some premiership caliber players already there. What could be going for us is he would play in every game, but again i won't beleive it until i see him with the shirt on

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Is there?

The reality of that just hit me.

Murray and Zamora upfront.

f*** I'm going to throw up just thinking about it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
"Championship promotion-chasers West Ham, Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace are among those closely monitoring the situation" :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The reality of that just hit me.

Murray and Zamora upfront.

f*** I'm going to throw up just thinking about it.

I do believe that there is no way Sir Bobby would sign for the Palace. Ian Chapman turned them down and I reckon Sir Bobby would as well.

One is a Nothern fucktard, the other is worshipped here.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Is there?

No. No he wouldn't.

Palace were interested in him before, and he turned them down.

I don't think he'd go back to west Ham either. Although they are 'his club', he wasn't much loved there.

Which leaves only.......

(Ain't going to happen though IMO, certainly not in January withthe Euros in the Summer)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here