Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tattoo's.....painful? or not?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Had my whole face tattoed. the eyes hurt abit but apart from that I was so Pissed I didn't feel it,

Bummer to get a job though

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gte a semi perminant one. They can't hurt can they?! And if you don't like it, it'' be go in a matter of years!

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ive got both arms done, the back of both hands and all 8 knuckles they tickled a bit

but the ones i had on my neck hurt like f***! i'd do it again though cos like a few others said its really addictive

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Would it be wrong for me to say that tattoos are a violation of your own body?

I've not got any and have no desire to either.

Question, do people (esp males) who have a tattoo also have a piercing - either ear, face, nipple or prince Albert maybe?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Each to his own but I've never really understood why.

It's like going to a shop to buy a pair of trousers, taking them home and trying them on.

You take the receipt and read the small print. It reads "thank you for buying our trousers, hope you like them because you will now have to wear them for the rest of your life.."

Stumpy Tim

Shropshire Seagull said:
Question, do people (esp males) who have a tattoo also have a piercing - either ear, face, nipple or prince Albert maybe?

I've just got one, and wouldn't get another. I still very happy that I got one (it ws just over three years ago now). No piercings or anything like that either

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shropshire Seagull said:
Would it be wrong for me to say that tattoos are a violation of your own body?

I've not got any and have no desire to either.

Yes it would. What might be a violation to you might be making a statement to others. I got my first as part of a bet and the earring came along later. The only thing they do for me is to confuse people as to how old I am, maybe some people thiunk they're childish, maybe.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
No piercings, and I would only get about 5 of my tattoos done again, the rest I could live without. Trouble is, you get into "balancing" and then "hole filling", next thing you know the Sun wants a photo shoot.....

Most pointless tattoo - blood group on right shoulder. Great idea until you realise that no medic in his right mind is going to take a tattoo as a prompt for putting that blood group into you!

Most painful removal - before the military realised that you could get laser removal, the standard way of removing tattoos was self help - ie a razor blade and a salt solution. Watched a bloke over a 9 month trip scrape the "Love-Hate" from this knuckles with this, and end up with horrible scarring.

Knew a guy who has his Para army number on his arm....trouble was that he never made it out of selection and got canned after three weeks.....joined the Navy, told lots of fibs about his "Army" time and got caught out (pre-DPA when I could still walk into the records section and pull info on people for no reason other than curiosity!)

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
I had mine done at the bottom of my back the day after England beat Argentina in WC2002. It was meant to be done in 3 sessions (pretty large design) but because i was going away travelling the guy at Tattooing at Gunpoint did it in one session. I wouldnt say it hurt exactly but there were times when he was colouring in that there was a kinda burning sensation. The part right on my spine at the lower part of my back gave me the most pain. Also, big recommendation...and dont laugh. Put Preparation H (Pile Cream) on it afterwards. My tattoo healed in less than a week and there was no scabbing etc. Read the symptons that Preparation H deals with and it is everything that happens after a tattoo! Good luck!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
tedebear said:
thanks td, at least someone has some sense around here! :clap: are you coming to the Duke on Fri for the gig?

Can't make it I'm afraid. We have a works drink to celebrate moving offices to Canary Wharf, so I'll stay for a pint there, then I'm supposed to be having a few drinks and a curry in Hove which was organised a while ago.

Will get out soon tho - promise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here