Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tattoo's.....painful? or not?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:
Crikey Exmouth! Seven? :eek:

I've got diabetes, too, but am on four a day - how come you're on seven?

i'm on 2 different types of insulin so i take 2 at breakfast, one short acting and one long acting, then one at lunch, one at tea, and another 2 at supper, sorry that's 6 injections not 7.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
ExmouthExile said:
i'm on 2 different types of insulin so i take 2 at breakfast, one short acting and one long acting, then one at lunch, one at tea, and another 2 at supper, sorry that's 6 injections not 7.

If I've told you a million times do not exagarate :lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
ExmouthExile said:

:lolol:

I'm on Novorapid before breakfast, lunch and tea, plus a 24hr-acting insulin called Glargine at bed. Tell you what, my sugars have been so much better since going on the Glargine, cos the old long-acting one I was on used to fade away after about 16 hours so I'd always end up going high.

Amazing innit, how a dribble or two of that stuff keeps us alive :clap2:

How long have you had it?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:
:lolol:

I'm on Novorapid before breakfast, lunch and tea, plus a 24hr-acting insulin called Glargine at bed. Tell you what, my sugars have been so much better since going on the Glargine, cos the old long-acting one I was on used to fade away after about 16 hours so I'd always end up going high.

Amazing innit, how a dribble or two of that stuff keeps us alive :clap2:

How long have you had it?

I was diagnosed about 5 years ago when I was 35, which is unusually late to get type 1. A virus wiped out my pancreas unfortunately.
I've never heard of Glargine, sounds more like a mouthwash :lolol: I take Levemir and Novarapid, I've learnt how to calculate how much to take by looking at how much carbohydrate there is in what I eat, so my blood sugar is fairly good most of the time. How long have you had it?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
ExmouthExile said:
I've learnt how to calculate how much to take by looking at how much carbohydrate there is in what I eat, so my blood sugar is fairly good most of the time. How long have you had it?

Good on you mate, sounds like everything's going well. I've had it 23 years now, got it when I was 10. Same thing, happened, a virus knackered up my pancreas. My mum got rheumatoid arthritis at the same time after having the same virus and she's now wheelchair bound. Think I got the better deal tbh!

If you ever want a natter about it or whatever, drop me a PM anytime :thumbsup:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:
Good on you mate, sounds like everything's going well. I've had it 23 years now, got it when I was 10. Same thing, happened, a virus knackered up my pancreas. My mum got rheumatoid arthritis at the same time after having the same virus and she's now wheelchair bound. Think I got the better deal tbh!

If you ever want a natter about it or whatever, drop me a PM anytime :thumbsup:

cheers mate I will do, sorry to hear about your mum btw

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Don't get one on your wrist over the veins and tendons, I had one there a few years ago and it was by far THE most painfull tattoo Ive ever had done, I could only just bare it and it made my fingers move uncontrolably as well.

Looks great now mind !!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
eastlondonseagull said:
I got my Albion crest done there about eight years ago. Am pleased with it, even though the circle's not exactly round and he didn't cross the A on Albion, so it looks like an 'n'. My main problem was that there was this kid running around the whole time, and it nearly tripped over the cable!

Still, made it a little more exciting :lolol:

dscn6855ip.jpg

Is that a seagull or a paper aeroplane?! ;) :lolol:

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
Tattoos are great, I have a lovely blue seagull on my lower back, didn't really hurt at all, just felt a little bit sore at the end, it didn't even go scabby. They are addictive, i'm sure i shall end up having another one. :wave:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
superwife said:
Tattoos are great, I have a lovely blue seagull on my lower back, didn't really hurt at all, just felt a little bit sore at the end, it didn't even go scabby. They are addictive, i'm sure i shall end up having another one. :wave:

What another blue seagull?! Go for a red one just by way of a change! ;) :D

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Seagullible said:
I've got a seagull on my shoulder.

Surely that requires a letter to the Arsegas about the marauding shitehawks attacking innocent people again? For God's sake man, just knock it off, and stop encouraging the bloody things to perch on you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here