Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tattoo's.....painful? or not?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I'm getting this tattoo done on friday, on the underneath of my forearm.......

Black_widow.jpg
[/IMG]

as it's my first tattoo, question is, how much does it hurt? Is it as bad as i'm expecting? I don't like the sight of needles, so are they likely to be carrying me out the door after i've had it done? Am I getting worked up over nothing? I'm looking for positive replies really, I don't want to be put off as I've already paid a £10 deposit, I just want reassuring really.

I wanted this: :albion: originally, but they said either the letters would have to be black, or they'd have to make it huge to do white letters. I didn't think it would look right, maybe next time if I get through the first one ok.

??? ??? ???

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Stumpy Tim said:
My mate told me it wouldn't hurt. He lied. It's horrible.

Good luck

SHIT!! Where did you have yours done? I've heard some places hurt more than others.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
ExmouthExile said:
SHIT!! Where did you have yours done? I've heard some places hurt more than others.

Having a tattoo on the gonads must sting a bit
7713455829.gif

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It depends where they are sited. I have 14 and the only one that bothered me a little was over my collar bone, otherwise its just a scratch. I have one under each forearm and they were no trouble.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think some people react to them differently.I have 4 tattoo's,3 on my upper arms,and a massive one that covers my whole back.

None of the ones on my arm's hurt massivley,but i'd be lying if i said it didnt hurt at all.The one on my back KILLED!!,but i think thats more to do with the size and the fact that it took 6 hours to do,rather than where it is.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I've got a few (!). No pain. The needle starts, the site goes numb, that's it. More people have problems with the sight of blood than the pain involved.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Apparently it's no worse than giving birth. And I felt no pain during that. I don't think my wife did either, judging by the amount of entonox she (we) got through.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Exmouth, do you mind me asking why on earth are you having a picture of a spider put on your arm? I appreciate they might not be able to do the lettering on the badge, but why don't you at least have the seagull logo with bha underneath or something similar?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
They do hurt, but its a pain that's quite easy to block out.

...apart from when they were doing close to my ankle. That wasn't amazingly pleasant.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I have quite a big Maori tattoo on my upper arm and that took 6 hours! He done it over two sittings but after 3 hours of tattooing the pain becomes more of an irritant than anything else

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dick Knights Mum said:
I can see why you wouldn't want to be put a permanant disfigurement as you have already paid a £10 deposit.

:lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
It doesnt hurt that much, you just grin and bare it, but I can imagine the inside of your forearm will sting a bit cos its quite delicate there, when I got mine done some big greasy looking biker person was having one done there, he didnt flinch but there was lots of blood!!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Its feels a bit uncomfortable but its bearable.

as said before it depends where you have it.

i've got 7 and the most painful places were my chest, upper back, and the inner part of my arm (had a celtic band and didnt wanna look a poof so had it all the way round - ouchy!!)

and f*** me - they are SOOOOooooooooo addictive!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here