Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
One of the most exciting young full backs in Europe and Southgate won’t even put him in the squad.

And before any one says how many RBs we have, well how many meaningless friendlies do we play?

I said from his 2nd game for us he is good enough for England (some disagreed with me, wonder what they think now).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not a word about the injustice on MOTD. Or Veltman getting elbowed in the throat. Or Targett deciding to shove Maupay (?) in the face.

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
Genuine world class talent. Such good decision making in possession, so tenacious, good quality on the ball. Love him. If he was two inches taller he'd still be at Chelsea.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One of the most exciting young full backs in Europe and Southgate won’t even put him in the squad.

And before any one says how many RBs we have, well how many meaningless friendlies do we play?

I said from his 2nd game for us he is good enough for England (some disagreed with me, wonder what they think now).

He's not a full back really is he. He suits our system very well as an advanced wing back, but in most systems he's a wide forward. He is so dangerous in and around the oppositions box, that's where he should be.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's not a full back really is he. He suits our system very well as an advanced wing back, but in most systems he's a wide forward. He is so dangerous in and around the oppositions box, that's where he should be.

Semantics. He can play anywhere down the side. Fullback, wingback, winger.

I’ve mentioned here before, but I can see him being pushed further and further up. He already does central runs. Reminded of a certain Mr.Bale who started his PL career as a LB.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Semantics. He can play anywhere down the side. Fullback, wingback, winger.

I’ve mentioned here before, but I can see him being pushed further and further up. He already does central runs. Reminded of a certain Mr.Bale who started his PL career as a LB.

Well yeah, absolutely, exactly my point and I'm glad others see it too. Top players do their damage in attacking positions not as full back. Saints kept Bale at LB and it was Spurs who converted him to my memory. I get the feeling that Potter might be starting to think similarly, perhaps telling that when Burn came on he pushed Veltman across and left Lamptey high up the pitch

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Well yeah, absolutely, exactly my point and I'm glad others see it too. Top players do their damage in attacking positions not as full back. Saints kept Bale at LB and it was Spurs who converted him to my memory. I get the feeling that Potter might be starting to think similarly, perhaps telling that when Burn came on he pushed Veltman across and left Lamptey high up the pitch

I like the fact that we can switch it so easily. In Burn and Veltman we have two players who can comfortably shift from CB to RB/LB, while March and Lamptey can both comfortably shift from WB to winger. Gives us an extra dimension if chasing a game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I like the fact that we can switch it so easily. In Burn and Veltman we have two players who can comfortably shift from CB to RB/LB, while March and Lamptey can both comfortably shift from WB to winger. Gives us an extra dimension if chasing a game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think a few of us raised an eyebrow at Veltman signing. More so as “really? Another CB?”

But really it’s given GP even more flexibility to move players around and change systems mid game. And he looks very comfortable wherever he plays.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Grealish was doing this all afternoon stopping and dangling legs waiting for the tiniest bit of contact to go down.

7c4cbe259856d0ba9c0095cb69226e43.gif

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Grealish was doing this all afternoon stopping and dangling legs waiting for the tiniest bit of contact to go down.

7c4cbe259856d0ba9c0095cb69226e43.gif

You could actually argue Grealish fouls Lamptey because he spins his trailing leg round to wrap Lamptey up - twice.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
A travesty of justice.... never a booking so unwarranted sending off . ..a victim of the “dark arts “ of some players. I am only glad that the game he will miss will be Liverpool, which we were unlikely to win anyway.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't understand why a) that 'foul' couldn't be checked by VAR and b) (as I understand it) the club can't appeal against the ban. Can anyone explain?

:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't understand why a) that 'foul' couldn't be checked by VAR and b) (as I understand it) the club can't appeal against the ban. Can anyone explain?

:shrug:

Basically you can’t review or appeal a yellow card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There have been so many times were you see a player commit a yellow card foul where it isn't given because he's already on a yellow.
Player gets talked to and warned that if he does it again he's off.

Not for us. No a nothing challenge with Grealish rolling around like the **** he is, and out comes the ****ing 2nd yellow.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There have been so many times were you see a player commit a yellow card foul where it isn't given because he's already on a yellow.

Not for us. No a nothing challenge with Grealish rolling around like the **** he is, and out comes the ****ing 2nd yellow.
I'm still pissed off [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Had Greasy not squealed like a little piglet Oliver would probably of had a word as you say.
Utter disgrace and unlike one or two on NSC who think the sun shines from his arse I think it brings the game into disrepute.
It will eventually kill the game as I knew it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here