Sussex by the Sea
Well done chap, now don't get injured.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1888811/lamptey-called-up-by-england

lamo.JPG

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With Alexander-Arnold limping off against Man City with a calf injury surely Southgate will be on the phone to Tariq to add him to the England squad?

More likely to dust off Gary Neville.

Of course Lamptey should get the call though. Involved in six goals so far this season, as right back. Pool/England are destroying TAA, he is playing too much.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd imagine the bids will start in January by the summer the pressure to sell will be on. Shame but the nature of the beast really whatever the outcome we will have been very lucky to have had the kid play for us...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'd imagine the bids will start in January by the summer the pressure to sell will be on. Shame but the nature of the beast really whatever the outcome we will have been very lucky to have had the kid play for us...

I'm confident he'll still be with us next season, he left a top six side and came to us for game time.

One of his considerations was reportedly location and our close proximity to his family in London. I think that would rule out a move abroad.

So unless a top six or eight club comes knocking offering him a starting place, I think we'll be OK.

Looking at the starting lineups of those clubs, they all look pretty well stocked in his position.

He seems settled and joined us for less than Chelsea were offering. I'd be surprised if his head could be turned by a mid table team offering big wages. So I think we're stuck with him for at least a season or two more.

Hopefully we'll get to see him play in the flesh in 2021.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm confident he'll still be with us next season, he left a top six side and came to us for game time.

One of his considerations was reportedly location and our close proximity to his family in London. I think that would rule out a move abroad.

So unless a top six or eight club comes knocking offering him a starting place, I think we'll be OK.

Looking at the starting lineups of those clubs, they all look pretty well stocked in his position.

He seems settled and joined us for less than Chelsea were offering. I'd be surprised if his head could be turned by a mid table team offering big wages. So I think we're stuck with him for at least a season or two more.

Hopefully we'll get to see him play in the flesh in 2021.

Agree, he comes from a very grounded, close knit family.
An influential father and him mums jollof rice, being a major asset :D

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is he better than Bruno ?

I think he’ll learn a lot from him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Tariq Lamptey has a Premier League record today.

He is the shortest player to be sending off in PL history.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I have to pinch myself to believe that this kid is actually playing for us. He astounds me every game, can’t think of many better full backs/wing backs, ever. And I’m not exagerating. Have to make the most of watching him, desperately hope we get to see him in the flesh.

Every single game he plays I hear neutrals absolutely eulogising about him.

When he eventually goes to a Barca, Bayern, Man City etc, how much do we think he’ll go for? Will pay back the cost of the stadium for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here