Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Was rather hoping he’d be available to no play against Leeds, I’m dreading watching our centre backs playing in the full back positions chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
This is a massive blow to our chances of staying up. It was a mistake letting Montoya go as we don’t have another recognised right back. I know Veltman has played there recently but he is so slow, offers nothing going forward and clearly a centre back.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Huge part of our attacking threat still absent from the squad a huge loss in a run of games where we desperately need to start picking up wins. We should be looking at the loan market to source a suitable backup quickly

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
If it's a back 4, just play Vetlman as RB. Alazte did a good job at RWB last season, he'll be better at RWB than Burn imo.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I thought the idea with this footballing lark is to always play your best team. Therefore you pick up the odd unexpected three or one point now and again. This then enables the team to be in a better position when playing the bottom half teams. Obviously this doesn't apply to the Albion.

:moo:

That’s quite old school buddy. Very few teams play the same 11 game to game.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is a massive blow to our chances of staying up. It was a mistake letting Montoya go as we don’t have another recognised right back. I know Veltman has played there recently but he is so slow, offers nothing going forward and clearly a centre back.

Harsh on Velts who’s looked a very assured, technical player when he’s played.

But I do agree, Lamptey is a huge loss. He gave us another dimension. He can’t be replaced.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If it's a back 4, just play Vetlman as RB. Alazte did a good job at RWB last season, he'll be better at RWB than Burn imo.

Burn is left sided so shouldn’t even be in consideration.

Has to be Alzate or Yapi, Veltman, White or even Webster are just wasted there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
That’s quite old school buddy. Very few teams play the same 11 game to game.

I'm old school because I've supported the Albion for nearly fifty years.
Football is a simple game - just score a goal or two and stop the other team scoring.
When a coach shows a portfolio of photos to a substitute just before he comes on gets right up my nose as well.
I also find being called buddy at the age of sixty four really weird.

Oh well, Leeds are getting a footballing lesson:)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm old school because I've supported the Albion for nearly fifty years.
Football is a simple game - just score a goal or two and stop the other team scoring.
When a coach shows a portfolio of photos to a substitute just before he comes on gets right up my nose as well.
I also find being called buddy at the age of sixty four really weird.

Oh well, Leeds are getting a footballing lesson:)

I had to stop going to screwfix off Portland Road due to constantly being called buddy by a clown in a baseball cap. Much more respect from Toolstation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Any update on a likely return date for Lamptey?

In the press conference ahead of the game last night, GP said its getting closer but that the last time it was getting closer he had a setback, so they're going slow and careful about it. But it sounded like he is going to be back soon. Maybe on the bench against Palace? Or the game after that.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In the press conference ahead of the game last night, GP said its getting closer but that the last time it was getting closer he had a setback, so they're going slow and careful about it. But it sounded like he is going to be back soon. Maybe on the bench against Palace? Or the game after that.

Thank you Swanny. Although Veltman was immense last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't just drop Veltman. Maybe push Lamptey into midfield, or with his pace, even up front?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I wouldn’t mind trying to convert him into a striker his finish against Spurs shows he’s composed. Having him a yard or so off the last defender would send shivers down the spine of any team wanting to hold a high line it would certainly add another dimension as to how we could change tactics throughout a match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here