Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal will SWOOP in a double bid for Tariq Lamptey 25 million & Yves Bissouma 30 million. They will not succeed with either player.

Taking the £6m+ off that, we'd have to cough up to Chelsea, rather takes the edge off the deal.

Yes there is a substantial sell on clause - How do posters think we bought him for £3m.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am starting to feel a tad concerned. Is it at all possible that he’s missing these past and next games as a deal is being lined up?.

This sort of thing is a myth and does not happen. No club, particularly one fighting for every point, wants to sell their best players in the Jan window. And if they felt forced into it, then they certainly wouldn’t feel like doing the buying club (and the rest of the league) a favour by resting him for 4 games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Taking the £6m+ off that, we'd have to cough up to Chelsea, rather takes the edge off the deal.

Yes there is a substantial sell on clause - How do posters think we bought him for £3m.

More to do with him only having 5 months left on his contract and not wanting to sign an extension than anything.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

I'm guessing all contracts are sent to you ( pre signing) just so you can dot the i's and cross the t's and keep you in the know........

or thats just your dream.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am absolutely certain it was officially mentioned soon after he signed.

We don’t officially mention anything about transfers apart from length of contract.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We don’t officially mention anything about transfers apart from length of contract.

I'm sure it came up in answer to a 'how did you get him so cheaply?' line of questioning.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure it came up as part of an 'how did you get him so cheaply?' line of questioning.

That we have never officially stated how much we paid for him why would we then state we got for x because Chelsea would get y if we sell him on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That we have never officially stated how much we paid for him why would we then state we got for x because Chelsea would get y if we sell him on.

Well if they haven't then I'm wrong, that's fine, and life goes on.

I'm sure it was mentioned, but by the same token I'm not sure what day it is.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

My understanding was that he was refusing to sign a new contract, would soon be out of contract, and could move for whatever the tribunal decided was fair at the next window, likely a bit less. Not saying this means there is no interest in a future sale for Chelsea, just that his low price was still above what Chelsea would likely have got if they didn't sell him last Jan window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He had lined up a free transfer to Lyon, but we offered Chelsea cash to take him in January. But it is suggested there is also a sell on - which does surprise me that we would take that deal on a player that could have walked away 6 months later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've saved everyone the fuss and Googled it.

According to David Ornstein (journalist) he claims that there is no buy back clause, but there is a sell on clause, but doesn't specify how much.

This is confirmed by this article and similar, but may all be from the same source: https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/bri...et-selling-so-soon/1iqhwosgbwsha1m7c8qvmbz33r

I suppose it is probable there is a sell on clause of some degree. Hopefully it is more in the 10% range rather than 45%.

Nailed it.

I wish I'd also remembered the 'no buy back' part of the deal, for added depth, as seeing it now I knew that bit too.

Thanks

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nailed it.

I wish I'd also remembered the 'no buy back' part of the deal, for added depth, as seeing it now I knew that bit too.

Thanks

It’s not official though is it? Just a journalist

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here