Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk sport / Forster

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You are right on all of the above but you`re not toeing the party line so you can argue from now until doomsday Drew but it`ll will never make any difference to some on here.
Its similar to some of the crap spoken about Wilkins after he went. I really think that the club keep a few sycophants handy and spoon feeds them a little bit of bullshit every now and again. They of course love it as it makes them feel important. Just go through the thread and find out the ones who say things like ...... I was talking to a player.........or.... Dick Knight told me.....or.... it was in confidence blah blah.
I think you'll find from my point of view, I didn't exactly toe the party line when Dean Wilkins was shit on, in fact if memory serves me right, I was one of the loudest on here slamming the club, and Dick Knight for what HE done, to the extent that I was threatened with a ban for calling Knight a spinless ****, something I stand by to this day. So although I am 100% behind Poyet and the club on the FOrster issue, but because of what Forster done, and Forster is, wouldn't piss on the bloke if he was on fire, doesn't mean I would toe the party line on anything, because I will have a go at the Albion higheracry as I have in the past, and will no doubt in the future, but in this case, they were spot on in what they done, and the club is a better place for it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I really do not know why there so much dispute on NSC when there is a party line. Party line ? Tosh.

And it always amuses me when posters are critiised for posting stuff they have heard from club contacts. That is one of the things that makes NSC interesting. You can choose which posters you find credible. But I like to read these snippets.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I was told of forster being difficult by two different people. Neither of these people know each other, and their info comes from different sources at the club. One comes from the playing side, the other from the club side. Both indicate that Forster was a pain in the arse to every manager since his arrival. I was told that he was one of two/three senior players who stiched Wilkins. At the end of the day Bloom has 95million reasons why he would back Poyet (his first appointment) over a 36 year old striker trying to dictate terms. A player who's friend put who contacted sky sports, who then didn't deny it immediately. Prick

a

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think you'll find from my point of view, I didn't exactly toe the party line when Dean Wilkins was shit on, in fact if memory serves me right, I was one of the loudest on here slamming the club, and Dick Knight for what HE done, to the extent that I was threatened with a ban for calling Knight a spinless ****, something I stand by to this day. So although I am 100% behind Poyet and the club on the FOrster issue, but because of what Forster done, and Forster is, wouldn't piss on the bloke if he was on fire, doesn't mean I would toe the party line on anything, because I will have a go at the Albion higheracry as I have in the past, and will no doubt in the future, but in this case, they were spot on in what they done, and the club is a better place for it.

Mr Burns, I remember your stance on the Wilkins dismissal and although we were at the time in the same camp regarding the clubs indefensible decision your inside view at the time was inaccurate.

So I am not readily going to accept your inside track on the Forster saga either.

The truth is likely to lie somewhere between the clubs line and Forster's line.

Ultimately Poyet should be allowed to take any stance which he wants and it seems that he wasn't too bothered about losing Forster, so he has made a management decision which only time will tell whether it was a good judgement call or not.

Also Forster as a player should be free to try to secure a deal which he felt reflected his worth, negotiations showed that the club didn't feel the same as him or his agent.

It happens all the time at football clubs, but I guess Forster being club captain and our leading goalscorer adds a little spice to this disagreement.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mr Burns, I remember your stance on the Wilkins dismissal and although we were at the time in the same camp regarding the clubs indefensible decision your inside view at the time was inaccurate.
Was it? The reason i really went into one, is that they made the decision in Januay when they approached Adams, who told a number of people himself at the time he was coming back, sacked Wilkins the day after he released players, and brought back a manager who I thought was crap, and very lucky first time around. Thats not said with hindsight, that was said at the time, and I fail to see what out of that was inaccurate. I'm not saying everything I've ever said is 100% spot on, but in the case of Wilkins, Adams being sacked, Slade going, and Coppell turning us down, although most were slammed at the time, the source on these turned out to be right. And in the case of Forster, I'm pretty certain that this is correct as well, and judging by comments on here by others, than tend to be correct, is does seem that Forster is a twat and got everything he deserved

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Club don't act in agree to EVERYTHING the agent wants, and he sees that at acting very badly. Well, there's a SHOCK!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Was it? The reason i really went into one, is that they made the decision in Januay when they approached Adams, who told a number of people himself at the time he was coming back, sacked Wilkins the day after he released players, and brought back a manager who I thought was crap, and very lucky first time around. Thats not said with hindsight, that was said at the time, and I fail to see what out of that was inaccurate. I'm not saying everything I've ever said is 100% spot on, but in the case of Wilkins, Adams being sacked, Slade going, and Coppell turning us down, although most were slammed at the time, the source on these turned out to be right. And in the case of Forster, I'm pretty certain that this is correct as well, and judging by comments on here by others, than tend to be correct, is does seem that Forster is a twat and got everything he deserved

We remain in the same camp re: Wilkins, but I just pointed out that some of you points then were inaccurate, I seem to recall that you mentioned at that time that the decision to sack Wilkins was not driven by Dick Knight and that was not correct, thats all.

But as others will mention this has been played out many times, so we have moved on.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We remain in the same camp re: Wilkins, but I just pointed out that some of you points then were inaccurate, I seem to recall that you mentioned at that time that the decision to sack Wilkins was not driven by Dick Knight and that was not correct, thats all.

But as others will mention this has been played out many times, so we have moved on.
YOur right we have moved on, but I'm not sure thats right, as it was Dick Knight I went for at the time. But as you say, we move on, I wasjust making the point, that we don't all tow the party line

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
YOur right we have moved on, but I'm not sure thats right, as it was Dick Knight I went for at the time. But as you say, we move on, I wasjust making the point, that we don't all tow the party line

The party line is not from the club Mr Burns but from the majority on here who have now generally accepted that Forster was a **** in the way he acted around the club on the say so of a few old name droppers.

Two different arguements here though isn`t there ? Re writing history - Forster never went to Sky and told them he asked for a transfer - and ripping into a player when he was as popular with his team mates as anyone else when he was playing here (and thats from my source)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
"On the say so of A FEW name droppers" ??

Er...I'd love to know your definition of 'a few'.

A few to me is 3-6 approx.

Times it by 50 and we arrive at your definition, I believe.

Unless you have selective reading to match your selective understanding, which seems likely!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"On the say so of A FEW name droppers" ??

Er...I'd love to know your definition of 'a few'.

A few to me is 3-6 approx.

Times it by 50 and we arrive at your definition, I believe.

Unless you have selective reading to match your selective understanding, which seems likely!

so you are saying 300 people on here have heard on good authority from people connected with the club that Forster ws a troublemaker ?

Ah f*** it............... I`ll leave it :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The only issue I have with this situation is the double standard of giving El Abd a contract having told everyone they would not discuss contracts until we are safe. However, it seems so many of you are in complete adulation of Poyet that you seem as blinkered as the catholics are when talking about the Pope.

Fact is, I want Poyet to remain our manager but he is also learning his trade and will make mistakes (despite what some of you think). He will hopefully learn from these mistakes and become an even better manager. What I can tell you is that I will be supporting the Albion long after Poyet has gone and hopefully so will all of you.

But that wasn't the situation as Poyet explained in February.

Poyet also gave some insight behind Adam El-Abd's new deal, adding. "The offer was made back in December, a long time before we told the players that we would not be holding any more contract talks.

The reason why i wanted to offer Adam a new contract is very clear. He is the most valuable player for me at present. He is the best at defending at the club. I know that this view is not shared by everyone, but you have to look at the whole game and not just when players are on the ball.

When we are defending he knows what his job is and he does it. When we are attacking he knows what his job is and he does it. He may not be the best on the ball, but he is a very good footballer."

So is that the rest of us being as "blinkered as the catholics are when talking about the Pope" or maybe we have a point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here