Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk sport / Forster

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
As for Burns babbling on. I don't know the internal relationships of the players and I doubt there are many on here who do other than rumour and conjecture. It does however seem strange that if Forsters was so hated by the other players that he would then attempt to lead some revolt. The stories get better and better.

:laugh::laugh:Babbling on Babbling on!!!!

Pot Kettle Black!!

Firstly Drew you may not know the internal relationships within the club and what goes on, but there are many many on here that do.

Secondly. Your a pratt Drew. You've proved that time and time again over this issue over the past month or so. When you've finally talk enough shit to make me spell it out, and then had people back up what I said, you finally ignore the post and call it babbling.

Have you not noticed that Forster support had gone from half of NSC onday one, down to one pratt and his dog now, as more and more things come out over the past few weeks.

Just accept it, Forster has been a twat, and got twated. He's done the manager and club far more good in being made an example of, that his goals will ever do.

Notice how the team has underachived since he's been here, and then note the best run the side had without him in it. The man is a little shit, and you really need to read all the posts about him, made by numerous NSCers over the past few weeks, and just accept it. You are wrong on this one. 99% of NSC is correct. Live with it!:smile:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've no idea about player revolts, though if there was an attempted one, him not being liked would mean it would lead to certain failure. However, I would say this, there is apparently a greater sense of harmony in the dresing room now that Forster has gone. Source: A former player still at the club.

And, as I was told by a senior person at the club after I'd voted for him as last year's Player of the Season, 'whatever Nicky Forster does at the club is on behalf Nicky Forster, and no-one else'. Probably/possibly an exaggeration, but an indication of his mindset.

Now you can believe what you will, and there's no doubt that Forster is very highly rated on the pitch and that his goals have been vital, but your kittenish, slavish adoration is becoming a bit grating.
:clap::clap::clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What surprises me on the Forster matter is how we now know so much about him since the row with the club over contracts.
He meddled in tactics
He was unpopular with the players
He was conceited
He was selfish
etc I could go on

Its all crap of course based on a few twats on here who think they are pally with the players and get inside info on Albion matters.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What surprises me on the Forster matter is how we now know so much about him since the row with the club over contracts.
He meddled in tactics
He was unpopular with the players
He was conceited
He was selfish
etc I could go on

Its all crap of course based on a few twats on here who think they are pally with the players and get inside info on Albion matters.
I think you'll find its more than a few twats as you put it.

Put yourself out a bit. There are plenty of people out there with very close contacts and links with the club, and I can guarantee you every story that breaks about the Albion, at least one member on here will know about it before the papers do.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I've no idea about player revolts, though if there was an attempted one, him not being liked would mean it would lead to certain failure. However, I would say this, there is apparently a greater sense of harmony in the dresing room now that Forster has gone. Source: A former player still at the club.

And, as I was told by a senior person at the club after I'd voted for him as last year's Player of the Season, 'whatever Nicky Forster does at the club is on behalf Nicky Forster, and no-one else'. Probably/possibly an exaggeration, but an indication of his mindset.

Now you can believe what you will, and there's no doubt that Forster is very highly rated on the pitch and that his goals have been vital, but your kittenish, slavish adoration is becoming a bit grating.

All this may be true and there's no doubt that, for someone of his intelligence, Forster did make a gross error of judgement by going public in the way he did. But I for one will remember him fondly for his performances on the pitch. I never saw him give less than 100% for the cause. And, anyway, aren't all good strikers supposed to be selfish.....?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Put yourself out a bit. There are plenty of people out there with very close contacts and links with the club, and I can guarantee you every story that breaks about the Albion, at least one member on here will know about it before the papers do.

So all these contacts never mentioned to any of these superfans Forsters unpopularity before all that business broke. Then again maybe they were all sworn to secrecy and kept shtum. Yeah I can imagine the average NSC poster keeping quiet if they knew anything. All this Forster stuff has been made up so as to paint him as some sort of super villan.
So he wasn`t going to get a contract - maybe. He got pissed off a little - definetly...............The rest is bullshit.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
You're back and still talking shit.

Actually quite the opposite. Working Class Pride is spot on. Wake up and smell the coffee. Forster may have had an at least understandable point in wanting a contract sorted but he and his agent acted contemptuously thereafter and left their position vs the new robust and ambitious / forward-thinking Albion untenable.

Poyet has Bloom's backing. He has the majority of fans backing (or at least a modicum of their sympathy) and Fozzie is history regardless!

What I've heard is NF was trying to initiate a virtual revolt in the dressing room....the options are a happy NF and a struggling Micky Adams or Russell Slade or the team we have (and will have next season) and Gus.

With the greatest of respects to our former managers, I know which I'm happier with!!!

To have a happy NF and Gus as manager is to dream the impossible, I'm afraid and for that reason I am fully behind TB and GP.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I heard straight from Dick Knight's mouth that senior players went to him putting in transfer requests due to being unhappy with Dean Wilkins.

Exactly what the motivation or justification for that was is unclear but you can bet your bottom dollar on who one of those 2/3 senior players was.

It makes me wonder whether I shouldn't re-address my view on the Dick Knight / Dean Wilkins debate a little bit.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And isn't that exactly what he said to sky, ie his contract is ending, hasn't yet been offered a new one, would like to stay but has to think of family. People like you turn that into him leading a player revolt, underming Poyet and the club etc etc.

Oh, and for the record, I am not Forster's agent and have never met the man. The closest I have ever been is from the south stand.

As for Burns babbling on. I don't know the internal relationships of the players and I doubt there are many on here who do other than rumour and conjecture. It does however seem strange that if Forsters was so hated by the other players that he would then attempt to lead some revolt. The stories get better and better.

If Forster was worried about his family and his future, he was perfectly free and able to try to find another club while still under contract for the remainder of the season here. (pre-contract agreement) If he found another club willing to offer hima deal, he could have either said to our manager and board, this is what i've been offered, whats your best offer or can you match it as i would like to stay (if that was really the case) or he could have just agreed to sign for the other club.

What was completely unnecessary was to hand in a transfer request just before an important game and at a time when the club were unable to sell him even if they wanted too. Why, if he wished to sort his future employment out, did he wait until after the transfer window closed? meaning had the club wished to sell, they were unable to cash in on him and possibly leaving him in limbo until the summer and even less likely to find an alternative club.

Maybe it was down to frustration and thought that he was putting pressure on Poyet and the board to offer him a new deal, but it is a risky strategy and if it backfires, as it did here, he has to accept the consequences. Or maybe he thought it was a good time to try to blackmail the club, after all they were then unable to sign another striker permanently to replace him, and the threat of relegation could have meant he was in a strong position to agrue for a better deal as the team needed him to score the goals to keep us up.

All speculation mind but remember, No player is bigger than a club, so should any club cave into a player who is acting out of self interest and jeopardizing the clubs league status, and what are the consequences for the rest of the squad and team if he then got his way, would they all revolt in the same way trying to secure their contract for the following season? After all he wasn't the only player out of contact at the end of the season.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

a bit grating?!

The bloke's fast becoming one of the biggest TWATS on here!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Forster was worried about his family and his future, he was perfectly free and able to try to find another club while still under contract for the remainder of the season here. (pre-contract agreement) If he found another club willing to offer hima deal, he could have either said to our manager and board, this is what i've been offered, whats your best offer or can you match it as i would like to stay (if that was really the case) or he could have just agreed to sign for the other club.

What was completely unnecessary was to hand in a transfer request just before an important game and at a time when the club were unable to sell him even if they wanted too.:facepalm: Why, if he wished to sort his future employment out, did he wait until after the transfer window closed? meaning had the club wished to sell, they were unable to cash in on him and possibly leaving him in limbo until the summer and even less likely to find an alternative club.

Maybe it was down to frustration and thought that he was putting pressure on Poyet and the board to offer him a new deal, but it is a risky strategy and if it backfires, as it did here, he has to accept the consequences. Or maybe he thought it was a good time to try to blackmail the club, after all they were then unable to sign another striker permanently to replace him, and the threat of relegation could have meant he was in a strong position to agrue for a better deal as the team needed him to score the goals to keep us up.

All speculation mind but remember, No player is bigger than a club, so should any club cave into a player who is acting out of self interest and jeopardizing the clubs league status, and what are the consequences for the rest of the squad and team if he then got his way, would they all revolt in the same way trying to secure their contract for the following season? After all he wasn't the only player out of contact at the end of the season.

Isn't this a classic case of NSC spin. Another dumbass comment. Perhaps you should speak to Poyet as he has already admitted there was not transfer request. I never saw the report on Sky where it is alleged he handing in a transfer request but neither have I been able to find any report to that effect (and to that matter neither has anyone else been able to direct me to the report). Forster said he could look for another club because he wasn't being offered a contract. That situation is a fact and not denied by either party. The fact that SSN construe this as a transfer request is down to them.

As for Forster, I've never met the guy and have no opinion on his personality whatsoever. The only issue I have with this situation is the double standard of giving El Abd a contract having told everyone they would not discuss contracts until we are safe. However, it seems so many of you are in complete adulation of Poyet that you seem as blinkered as the catholics are when talking about the Pope.

Fact is, I want Poyet to remain our manager but he is also learning his trade and will make mistakes (despite what some of you think). He will hopefully learn from these mistakes and become an even better manager. What I can tell you is that I will be supporting the Albion long after Poyet has gone and hopefully so will all of you.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Adam Virgo on the contract situation: "I haven't thrown my toys out of the pram or gone out to the press and complained. My heart is in the club."
:clap:
just read that myself - classic, nice if unsubtle effort to suck up to Gus pre-contract negotiation.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Isn't this a classic case of NSC spin. Another dumbass comment. Perhaps you should speak to Poyet as he has already admitted there was not transfer request. I never saw the report on Sky where it is alleged he handing in a transfer request but neither have I been able to find any report to that effect (and to that matter neither has anyone else been able to direct me to the report). Forster said he could look for another club because he wasn't being offered a contract. That situation is a fact and not denied by either party. The fact that SSN construe this as a transfer request is down to them.

As for Forster, I've never met the guy and have no opinion on his personality whatsoever. The only issue I have with this situation is the double standard of giving El Abd a contract having told everyone they would not discuss contracts until we are safe. However, it seems so many of you are in complete adulation of Poyet that you seem as blinkered as the catholics are when talking about the Pope.

Fact is, I want Poyet to remain our manager but he is also learning his trade and will make mistakes (despite what some of you think). He will hopefully learn from these mistakes and become an even better manager. What I can tell you is that I will be supporting the Albion long after Poyet has gone and hopefully so will all of you.

You are right on all of the above but you`re not toeing the party line so you can argue from now until doomsday Drew but it`ll will never make any difference to some on here.
Its similar to some of the crap spoken about Wilkins after he went. I really think that the club keep a few sycophants handy and spoon feeds them a little bit of bullshit every now and again. They of course love it as it makes them feel important. Just go through the thread and find out the ones who say things like ...... I was talking to a player.........or.... Dick Knight told me.....or.... it was in confidence blah blah.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are right on all of the above but you`re not toeing the party line so you can argue from now until doomsday Drew but it`ll will never make any difference to some on here.
Its similar to some of the crap spoken about Wilkins after he went. I really think that the club keep a few sycophants handy and spoon feeds them a little bit of bullshit every now and again. They of course love it as it makes them feel important. Just go through the thread and find out the ones who say things like ...... I was talking to a player.........or.... Dick Knight told me.....or.... it was in confidence blah blah.

So, by your own admission, you don't know what's going on - yet feel empowered to make a judgement on what's crap and what isn't?

Then when some people have spoken to individuals at the club (perhaps you still feel the club is or ought to still be the closed shop it once was) on various things, then you feel it's right to judge them as well?

Your vanity, it seems, knows no bounds - you're a class act.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So, by your own admission, you don't know what's going on - yet feel empowered to make a judgement on what's crap and what isn't?

Then when some people have spoken to individuals at the club (perhaps you still feel the club is or ought to still be the closed shop it once was) on various things, then you feel it's right to judge them as well?

Your vanity, it seems, knows no bounds - you're a class act.

:lolol: Spotted yourself in there then TLO..............:goal:

THE CLUB make official announcements, any tittle tattle that you spend all evening weedling out of someone connected with the Albion about an ex player or manager cuts no mustard with me mate.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I live in Wales and was told by someone I trust implicitly that Forster had caused Russel Slade problems and have assumed rightly or wrongly that he had tried the same thing with Gus and also assumed that Russ and Gus had spoken about the management of the Albion after Gus's appointment.
personally I don't miss him at all ...........just wish I'd voted for someone else in the "player of the season" last time round

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
However, it seems so many of you are in complete adulation of Poyet that you seem as blinkered as the catholics are when talking about the Pope.
But no one is as blinkered as you are for Forster.

Go out into the sunshine, and speak to people linked with the club. There's many out there. And most, if not all will pint a very simialir picture of your hero.

If you can't be bothered to do that......... then

LET IT GO!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I heard straight from Dick Knight's mouth that senior players went to him putting in transfer requests due to being unhappy with Dean Wilkins.

Exactly what the motivation or justification for that was is unclear but you can bet your bottom dollar on who one of those 2/3 senior players was.

It makes me wonder whether I shouldn't re-address my view on the Dick Knight / Dean Wilkins debate a little bit.
I don't know for sure, so can only speculate on this, but I would imagine the players involed were those not in the side, along the lines of Hart, & Kuipers. I mean Gary Hart has a paddy every time he's left out. Even as recent as Slade getting the sack, and the temporary manager taking the cup game, didn't Hart whine to the press that he'd have to consider his future then. What Dick Knight done to Wilkins still pisses me off to this day, not just the scking, but the fact Adams was lined up months before, and the way Dick night put spin on it, when there was 0% chance of Wilkins staying at the club. and I'm only glad that Knight is out of the picture now, because of all the good he done in the past, he was definately holding the club back at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here