Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk sport / Forster

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well not according to some of those at the Burgess Hill forum where it was suggested that Poyet himself had said the contract was offered early in December. Now why would the manager of a club he has just taken over sanction a contract so early when he has had little time to assess all members of the squad, including his leading scorer. It was a cock up which has cost us our leading scorer.

You might as well be Nicky Forster yourself as you seem so one eyed. Maybe in the past we would have caved in and offered Forster a contract earlier but I think it is a good sign that we are no longer allowing players to control the situation. I am confident we will stay up and Poyet will bring in one or two better strikers in the summer, which would make this irrelevant. If we haven't done this by 1st September then feel free to moan.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Drew, I'm not getting into an agrument with you again, but I really really think you need to check your timelines and facts before going over all this again:)

Well what dates are wrong then.

I dont suppose the agent mentioned that Foster shouted his mouth off on sky and was up for a players revolt because he thinks the employee should tell the employer who to hire? No thought not, well done to the club for showing him the door. And the fella waned to be a coach! imaging him negotiating contracts. Footballers - brains in their boots

You're back and still talking shit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I love the way NSC always manages to find some ridiculus piece of tittle tattle and blow it up way out of proportion and then argue about it to nth degree.

Forster IS old and expensive and was probably not part of Gus's plans.. just let it go !:US:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You might as well be Nicky Forster yourself as you seem so one eyed. Maybe in the past we would have caved in and offered Forster a contract earlier but I think it is a good sign that we are no longer allowing players to control the situation. I am confident we will stay up and Poyet will bring in one or two better strikers in the summer, which would make this irrelevant. If we haven't done this by 1st September then feel free to moan.

But then you might as well be Poyet, along with most of the others. There was no problem with the situation until El Abd had his contract announced and it was clear there were double standards. I accept Forster doesn't necessarily come out of this smelling of roses but the suggestions on here that he was trying to lead a players revolt or dictate to the club who they should sign (other than himself as anyone would do) are ludicrous comments made up to try and justify a particular stance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I love the way NSC always manages to find some ridiculus piece of tittle tattle and blow it up way out of proportion and then argue about it to nth degree.

Forster IS old and expensive and was probably not part of Gus's plans.. just let it go !:US:
This sort of thing is the very essence of a message board.

Discussion-Arguement-Slagging Off-Binfest

Its what makes the world go around:smile:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For a start El-Abd was offered, accepted and signed a contract before Poyet said he wanted to wait until we were safe before opening contract talks.

But that isn't correct according to all the press comments. The contract was offered in December, according to Poyet but not signed or announced until late January. Surely you should also do better research! Suggests to me you are making things up to support your views.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But then you might as well be Poyet, along with most of the others.
I think you need to see a head doctor. I think you are getting far to involved in this, even if you the twat that is Nicky Forster or his "agent".

I've tried to find the quote but alas without success, but it you had heard that comment on Talksport this afternoon, even you would have shuddered at the agents comment.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Drew - its u to the employer who they offer what to and when. The employee has the option to get another job after his fixed term contract comes to an end. That is fair for both parties, works in the building trade, IT and countless other jobs. It seems that only a few third division footballers and their agents don't seem to be capable of understanding that - well and your good self of course

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I heard it.The agent did sound nice and bitter about it............which was nice.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Drew - its u to the employer who they offer what to and when. The employee has the option to get another job after his fixed term contract comes to an end. That is fair for both parties, works in the building trade, IT and countless other jobs. It seems that only a few third division footballers and their agents don't seem to be capable of understanding that - well and your good self of course

Well I've worked in the recruitment business for IT contractors and everyone on the books of the company would either negotiate an extension with their existing employer or, if it was clear the project was complete or they were not needed beyond their contract, they would start enquiries elsewhere, before their contract ended. The only exception would be when they were looking for a break.

Other contractors I know also don't wait until their existing contract is over before making plans. They have mortgages and families and things like that. Anyway, this isn't an argument about whether Forster should have asked for another contract, it is about the fact the club stated one thing and did another.

I think you need to see a head doctor. I think you are getting far to involved in this, even if you the twat that is Nicky Forster or his "agent".

I've tried to find the quote but alas without success, but it you had heard that comment on Talksport this afternoon, even you would have shuddered at the agents comment.

You won't find the quotes to back up your arguments because they arent' there. Are you disputing the time line, ie November Poyet takes over, 2nd Jan Forster talks about contract but is happy with situation, late January Club announce El Abd has signed a contract, dispute begins.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But that isn't correct according to all the press comments. The contract was offered in December, according to Poyet but not signed or announced until late January. Surely you should also do better research! Suggests to me you are making things up to support your views.
Oh FFS!

If it was offered in December, then thats answered your own question hasn't it!? If he had pulled the contract from under El ABds nose a month or so after offering it, I would understand El Abd being pissed off.

Now as for research go and do some of your own, and you will find out a few things about your beloved Forster.

The Man is a selfish, look after number one proper ****.

HE IS/WAS UNPOPLAR WITH A LOT OF THE PLAYERS

HE WAS UNPOPLAR WITH MOST OF THE COACHING STAFF

HE TRIED TO UNDERMINE WILKINS, AND DID
HE TRIED TO UNDERMINE MICKEY ADAMS, AND DID
HE TRIED TO UNDERMINE POYET, AND UNFORTUNATELY FOR HIM, COME UP A BIGGER PERSONALLY THAN HIMSELF, AND GOT EVERYTHING HE DESERVED. ie TOTALLY f***ed OVER. Poyet made an example out of him, and at the same time, increase his own credibility at the club and in the game as a whole.

Well almost neary everything he derserved, because with this spiteful self-centered little shits history, if I was Poyet I would have f***ed him over further by refusing to let him go out on loan, and pay is wages and ban him form club, and effectly end his career. And that would have been no more than Forster derserved. And no doubt proberly the only reason he didn't do that, was your average Joe would not have understood the situation and maybe turned on Poyet, if we had gone down.

Forster may be a great goalscorer, but a club legend he is not. Just face it Drew, you, your client, got everything you/they dersevred, or if you are just a very misguided fan of Forsters. let it go. He's gone, he aint coming back, and as a club (although you may not see it, and doubt if you ever will), are a million times better off without him here. If we did/do go down, you may have a grain of an argument, but for your own sake, FFS let it go

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Adam Virgo on the contract situation: "I haven't thrown my toys out of the pram or gone out to the press and complained. My heart is in the club."
:clap:

Feb 14, 2010
And that is just what the club told Forster, the club told him he had a fixed term contract, and he could look for another job if he wanted. Fosters agent could line something up for him to start after his contract ended with the albion. Also he signed his previous contract and all the club is obliged to Foster for only what is written in that contract. Its completely fair, the club does not owe Forster a living, his children will not starve and the club did the right thing to show a bloke that shouts his mouth off on sky tv the door.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Forster and his agent just need to let it go, we didnt want him any longer and rather than been seen to be released he wanted to behave like a prick and make it look like the club are being the issue.

This is all about getting Nicky in the shop window and get his name on SSN

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
What Mr Burns said above! It is a well known fact that most of the players disliked Forster as being a jumped up self important twat who wanted to dictate team selection and a host of other matters. The players that did like him are similarly also no longer at the club, most being out on loan and unlikely to return. Forster had to go because keeping him here was not worth even the goals he was scoring. Why can't people see beyond the fact that he scored a few goals but was becoming incredibly disruptive.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What Mr Burns said above! It is a well known fact that most of the players disliked Forster as being a jumped up self important twat who wanted to dictate team selection and a host of other matters. The players that did like him are similarly also no longer at the club, most being out on loan and unlikely to return. Forster had to go because keeping him here was not worth even the goals he was scoring. Why can't people see beyond the fact that he scored a few goals but was becoming incredibly disruptive.
I think that all but a few have.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And that is just what the club told Forster, the club told him he had a fixed term contract, and he could look for another job if he wanted. Fosters agent could line something up for him to start after his contract ended with the albion. Also he signed his previous contract and all the club is obliged to Foster for only what is written in that contract. Its completely fair, the club does not owe Forster a living, his children will not starve and the club did the right thing to show a bloke that shouts his mouth off on sky tv the door.

And isn't that exactly what he said to sky, ie his contract is ending, hasn't yet been offered a new one, would like to stay but has to think of family. People like you turn that into him leading a player revolt, underming Poyet and the club etc etc.

Oh, and for the record, I am not Forster's agent and have never met the man. The closest I have ever been is from the south stand.

As for Burns babbling on. I don't know the internal relationships of the players and I doubt there are many on here who do other than rumour and conjecture. It does however seem strange that if Forsters was so hated by the other players that he would then attempt to lead some revolt. The stories get better and better.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And isn't that exactly what he said to sky, ie his contract is ending, hasn't yet been offered a new one, would like to stay but has to think of family. People like you turn that into him leading a player revolt, underming Poyet and the club etc etc.

Oh, and for the record, I am not Forster's agent and have never met the man. The closest I have ever been is from the south stand.

As for Burns babbling on. I don't know the internal relationships of the players and I doubt there are many on here who do other than rumour and conjecture. It does however seem strange that if Forsters was so hated by the other players that he would then attempt to lead some revolt. The stories get better and better.

I've no idea about player revolts, though if there was an attempted one, him not being liked would mean it would lead to certain failure. However, I would say this, there is apparently a greater sense of harmony in the dresing room now that Forster has gone. Source: A former player still at the club.

And, as I was told by a senior person at the club after I'd voted for him as last year's Player of the Season, 'whatever Nicky Forster does at the club is on behalf Nicky Forster, and no-one else'. Probably/possibly an exaggeration, but an indication of his mindset.

Now you can believe what you will, and there's no doubt that Forster is very highly rated on the pitch and that his goals have been vital, but your kittenish, slavish adoration is becoming a bit grating.

Feb 14, 2010
It was great to see the club stand up to an uperty 3rd division player. Forster is not missed. Strange tho that he didnt have the ability to understand that his actions had torpedoed any chance he had for a job with the albion after his playing days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here