Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tal Ben-Haim - what a cock

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
In this situation I prefer to picture Kanu as gamekeeper.
He wanders over to where an animal is stuck in a trap, covered in a cold sweat, eyes wide with fear, struggling with rapid shallow breaths it pulls at it's mangled limbs, they are crushed and splintered in the trap. Releasing the trap is pointless, the damage has been done and would only cause more suffering. The beast is fatally wounded. Some small deep primal part will not accept this, it sends out it's rallying cry and the wracked body responds, pulling in a breath, tugging at its wounds. Waves of pain return in cascade.
His mind is clear. He is pitiless only in the certainty that his actions are correct. Without pause, without prayer, he shoulders his rifle. Boot on neck. Muzzle to head.
Click.

Nice writing! And in all honesty I probably agree with you.

Wow! that's very creative writing...you say 'Click'....does that mean there was not a bullet in the chamber...which just about sums up the situation!

:laugh:

Very true!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I don't feel particularly sad. Disgusted that the rules and various authorities allow such mismanagement after all that has happened in the past, but failing to feel sorrow for PFC.

I've had enough of football and the outlandish expenditure on players.

I feel the same but football is a bigger addiction than cigrettes

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If they became a Phoenix club would they still be able to play at Fratton Park? Isn't it considered a saleable asset of the current company?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I was expecting to open this thread and see Tal Ben-Haim's circumcised man meat. After reading these five pages I can't help but feel a little disappointed!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
One thing that needs to change and rapidly is the ridiculous legislation that allows footballers to be protected creditors. This was designed to protect low wage youngsters on a few hundred quid a week and a sensible cap of say 25k flat, should be set as a maximum buffer. That will quickly force players and agents to take some responsibility for the contracts they sign and put a stop to this crap.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
cant be bothered to read through all this shit again Can someone please explain to me
why the fans have to go through all the heartache .Why do the fans have to suffer ??

Because of the actions of a succession of crooks and fools who have owned and run the club

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
well said.
Portsmouth's administrator is as dishonest as the people he represents and that is not portsmouth fc but erstwhile owner now waiting in the wings to pick the bones off the club, balram chanrai.

Portsmouth handed out multi-million pound contracts like confetti and went bust. They "deferred" payment to players - a deferment they still haven't honoured.
They then went out and, in a lower league, handed out more multi million pound contracts. Cue another administration, more deferments, more money owed and not paid. A little different this time - now it will never be paid.

And this is all the fault of the players as the club are busy telling everyone.

Meanwhile every penny that the players agree to defer or forego is being put in a metaphorical pot and as soon as balram chanrai takes over again and the fl pay over the parachute payments due, that crook will get every single penny he says he is owed - no deferments, not foregoing a penny of the money he has cheated from creditors. The other major beneficiary of the players' agreeing to forego their contractual rights are of course the administrators who will receive every single penny of their multi-million pound fees.

Now tell me that you feel that it's right for creditors and players to get nothing so chanrai and the administrator can benefit.

Sorry but if i was tel ben haim or kitson or kanu or any of the others i would tell them to f*** right off.

Stop chanrai in his tracks now. Let the club go into liquidation and reform with some integrity lower down the football ladder. The fans will have an honest club to support and they will come back because of the level of support they will attract. What operates as portsmouth fc right now is a shameful parody of a once great football club brought to its knees by fraud and mismanagement. It's the players who deserve sympathy and the fans but not the club.

100% this

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If i were playing for Brighton and it was the difference between then surviving or not, then yes i would. I would go and get a game somewhere else or play for less money. Loyalty is a rare commodity in football i know but we all make our own choices in life.

But you support the club and are talking with you heart not your head.I doubt your wife would share your point of view...To the player in question,this is his job,i doubt he has any reak feelings for the football club,just like most people havnt towards thier employers.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Because of the actions of a succession of crooks and fools who have owned and run the club

and they always seem t owalk away Completly free to do it to another club unfortunately the fans have to remain and pay the price

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
and they always seem t owalk away Completly free to do it to another club unfortunately the fans have to remain and pay the price

or in the case of Balram Chanrai not to walk away but to sit and wait to bleed the club some more

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
One thing that needs to change and rapidly is the ridiculous legislation that allows footballers to be protected creditors. This was designed to protect low wage youngsters on a few hundred quid a week and a sensible cap of say 25k flat, should be set as a maximum buffer. That will quickly force players and agents to take some responsibility for the contracts they sign and put a stop to this crap.

HMC challenged the football creditors' rule in the courts recently and lost.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If they became a Phoenix club would they still be able to play at Fratton Park? Isn't it considered a saleable asset of the current company?

Trevor Birch thinks they'd lose nottarF kraP. As you say, it is one of the club's (few) assets and so would be part of the liquidation.

However, since the city council has designated it as a sports ground and nothing else, it might not realise much value and the Trust might be able to buy it. Unlikely, but not impossible.

It would be too late to join a league in time for next season, so they've got plenty of time to negotiate a groundshare with Havant & Waterlooville ...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't know about you lot but I'm thoroughly bored of listening to Lower League Pompey whining and banging on about how everyone is trying to screw them. It is simply never, ever their fault, instead it's the greedy players, or the previous board, it's Gaydamak, or Al Faraj, or Redknapp, or Mandaric, or the FA, or the Football League.

Every other week now we seem to get another pleading publicity stunt that "this really could be the end", only it never is. I wish they'd just bugger off and get liquidated, as I just can't be arsed to listen to their pitiful claims of being hard done by any more. I still think it's just a scare tactic by the administrator, as he's said it so many times now without them actually going bust. Perhaps it's a bit of cry wolf syndrome kicking in now, and nobody will bother with them because they assume it's just more posturing. Fingers crossed...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't know about you lot but I'm thoroughly bored of listening to Lower League Pompey whining and banging on about how everyone is trying to screw them. It is simply never, ever their fault, instead it's the greedy players, or the previous board, it's Gaydamak, or Al Faraj, or Redknapp, or Mandaric, or the FA, or the Football League.

Every other week now we seem to get another pleading publicity stunt that "this really could be the end", only it never is. I wish they'd just bugger off and get liquidated, as I just can't be arsed to listen to their pitiful claims of being hard done by any more. I still think it's just a scare tactic by the administrator, as he's said it so many times now without them actually going bust. Perhaps it's a bit of cry wolf syndrome kicking in now, and nobody will bother with them because they assume it's just more posturing. Fingers crossed...

You could be right there - I think the players and their agents believe that money will be found somehow but maybe they will end up pushing it over the brink. As I said, Birch sounded at the end of his tether last week ...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm hard pressed to blame anyone but the club here. They offered players stupid money that they couldn't afford, it's not down to teh footballers themselves to decide whether they thing teh club is right or wrong to offer such a lucrative contract.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was expecting to open this thread and see Tal Ben-Haim's circumcised man meat. After reading these five pages I can't help but feel a little disappointed!

It's moments like these when I'm disappointed that we haven't got "spits tea across room" or "laughs so hard coffee comes out of nose" emoticons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here