Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tal Ben-Haim - what a cock

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If a player was going to end our club due to him demanding money, I'm sure we'd want him to take a pay cut. :shrug:

Yes I think we would, but if it were you or I that was owed the money would you? I do appreciate that the players may be millionaires already, but equally they could argue that they've deferred their wages to assist the club already....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If a player was going to end our club due to him demanding money, I'm sure we'd want him to take a pay cut. :shrug:

Of course we would, but the whole point is that Portsmouth shouldn't have been offering a player £35k a week before going into administration. He signed a contract, and if I were him I would let the club crash and burn. It's the only way they are EVER going to learn.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

There's a difference between wanting someone to take a pay cut, and blaming them for all the ills of a succession of owners, administrators, a limp fit and proper test, and a seemingly apathetic fan base.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tarricco famously mutually terminated his contract when he got injured at Spurs.

It's not as if he's not rich enough, or too old to find a new club. Pure selfishness.
I thought it was at West Ham he agreed to terminate his contract due to injury?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As I understand it, and maybe I'm wrong, haven't the players (including Ben-Haim) taken multiple deferments on payment of wages, and now the club are wanting to only pay a fraction of what they owe? If that's right, it's not exactly one sided, the players have given more and more leeway to the club on the promise of "later, we'll pay you later" and now it's "we don't want to pay you what we owe, and what we will pay will be in a few years, but we can only do that with your agreement*".

When the player have been constantly promised payments, then asked to defer again and again, why should they trust the club?

*I know there's the football creditors rule, but if players agree to waive debts, the creditors rule just means they are guaranteed whatever reduced amount they agree to.

Incidentally, will this 5K wage cap that's been introduced last as lon as the 10k wage cap they introduced last time?

Well said.
Portsmouth's administrator is as dishonest as the people he represents and that is not Portsmouth FC but erstwhile owner now waiting in the wings to pick the bones off the club, Balram Chanrai.

Portsmouth handed out multi-million pound contracts like confetti and went bust. They "deferred" payment to players - a deferment they still haven't honoured.
They then went out and, in a lower league, handed out more multi million pound contracts. Cue another administration, more deferments, more money owed and not paid. A little different this time - now it will never be paid.

And this is all the fault of the players as the club are busy telling everyone.

Meanwhile every penny that the players agree to defer or forego is being put in a metaphorical pot and as soon as Balram Chanrai takes over again and the FL pay over the parachute payments due, that crook will get every single penny he says he is owed - no deferments, not foregoing a penny of the money he has cheated from creditors. The other major beneficiary of the players' agreeing to forego their contractual rights are of course the administrators who will receive every single penny of their multi-million pound fees.

Now tell me that you feel that it's right for creditors and players to get nothing so Chanrai and the administrator can benefit.

Sorry but if I was Tel Ben Haim or Kitson or Kanu or any of the others I would tell them to f*** right off.

Stop Chanrai in his tracks now. Let the club go into liquidation and reform with some integrity lower down the football ladder. The fans will have an honest club to support and they will come back because of the level of support they will attract. What operates as Portsmouth FC right now is a shameful parody of a once great football club brought to its knees by fraud and mismanagement. It's the players who deserve sympathy and the fans but not the club.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I remember the previous administrator crowing that they'd broken their self-imposed £10k a week limit to sign Kitson and Lawrence for about double that. Whoops.

Spiritualised

Jul 30, 2010
PFC would probably already be gone if players had not agreed to defer wages on promise of payment later, then told they'll have to compromise on those as well. Think they have been screwed over by the Club/Administrator already, they likely have not much to lose by hanging on. After all, past performance says they will get nothing they agree to be paid in years ahead.

Reckon the old owner will come back in to get what he can, obviously wants it with the lowest cost base he can get, so get the Admin fella to cut all he can. Amazing the way most of the negotiation seems to have been in public through the local paper, and the manager comments about leaving them behind on the Spanish trip with someone to 'hold their hands and wipe their noses' was brilliant man management. Apparently he called them yesterday to urge them to compromise, sure they were polite, I expect the end of those call went something like :
'OK, will think about all that, thanks for the call from Spain Michael'
<click phone down>
'........Tosser'.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He could single handedly refute the Jewish stereotype by doing the honourable thing

So what exactly is 'the Jewish stereotype'? And 'do the honourable thing'? Are you anti-semetic?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Well said.
Portsmouth's administrator is as dishonest as the people he represents and that is not Portsmouth FC but erstwhile owner now waiting in the wings to pick the bones off the club, Balram Chanrai.

Portsmouth handed out multi-million pound contracts like confetti and went bust. They "deferred" payment to players - a deferment they still haven't honoured.
They then went out and, in a lower league, handed out more multi million pound contracts. Cue another administration, more deferments, more money owed and not paid. A little different this time - now it will never be paid.

And this is all the fault of the players as the club are busy telling everyone.

Meanwhile every penny that the players agree to defer or forego is being put in a metaphorical pot and as soon as Balram Chanrai takes over again and the FL pay over the parachute payments due, that crook will get every single penny he says he is owed - no deferments, not foregoing a penny of the money he has cheated from creditors. The other major beneficiary of the players' agreeing to forego their contractual rights are of course the administrators who will receive every single penny of their multi-million pound fees.

Now tell me that you feel that it's right for creditors and players to get nothing so Chanrai and the administrator can benefit.

Sorry but if I was Tel Ben Haim or Kitson or Kanu or any of the others I would tell them to f*** right off.

Stop Chanrai in his tracks now. Let the club go into liquidation and reform with some integrity lower down the football ladder. The fans will have an honest club to support and they will come back because of the level of support they will attract. What operates as Portsmouth FC right now is a shameful parody of a once great football club brought to its knees by fraud and mismanagement. It's the players who deserve sympathy and the fans but not the club.

Excellent post !

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Was once a decent player at Bolton, but now an average player on exorbitant wages probably holding on by his fingertips to the last decent contract of his career.

Pompey have also confirmed no bid for Kitson, so clearly Gus does not want to match his current wages. It wouldn't totally surprise me if we went back in if we can't land our first choice.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't blame the player's at all. Portsmouth offered them the contracts. Seriously would anyone on here just say "ok I will take a £20k a week pay cut"......NO, no they wouldn't and if they say they would I suggest they are full of shit.

If i were playing for Brighton and it was the difference between then surviving or not, then yes i would. I would go and get a game somewhere else or play for less money. Loyalty is a rare commodity in football i know but we all make our own choices in life.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Kanu lodging a claim for £3m in back payments is surely the final straw.

And for those saying the players have every right to stay on their highly inflated wages, well yes they do, but when you know you are going to finish a football club and lose a lot of people their jobs then surely a little bit of guilt must prick at your conscience?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Kanu lodging a claim for £3m in back payments is surely the final straw.

And for those saying the players have every right to stay on their highly inflated wages, well yes they do, but when you know you are going to finish a football club and lose a lot of people their jobs then surely a little bit of guilt must prick at your conscience?

If you have one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here