Votes: 95 27.5%
  • Agreed with the gesture to begin with but want it to stop now

Votes: 132 38.2%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How about folk just take the England players at their word that this is nothing to do with BLM the political movement. Taking the knee pre-dates that.

How about just saying nothing for ten seconds.

Then once it's all done things can be re-visited and the symbolism perhaps changed to something less controversial (if indeed this really is).

How about those who boo just play adults for a few seconds and then they can go back to their 'ten German bomber' chants.

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Why do you see players kneeling as submissive? Is it all about power?

I never mentioned power ! , I believe standing is a stronger message than getting down on my knees ! . Traditionally you bow to those above you , you kneel before those above you , hardly equal ? . Putting my arm around my fellow team mate is far more of a message and has more impact imho .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfortunately some of the most tolerant (in their own opinion) people on this planet are the most intolerant of any dissenting view, usually quick to use the words racist and thick, even though those derogatory terms of abuse are not universally or appropriately applicable. You could add 'old' to that list of abuse too ....... oh, the overwhelming intolerance of tolerant people!

And thank goodness for that. Many years ago I had the good fortune to be taught by Rudi Vrba, someone so intolerant of the Nazis, he escaped Auschwitz. Boy was he intolerant.

And rightly so. :shrug:

His best advice to me was 'never explain' (your position or your life).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Vrba

The racists of this world are doomed to leave no legacy, except as the exemplars of their own stupidity and nastiness. :shrug:

Come on England, keep taking he knee, for no better reason, if a reason is required, than annoying a few soppy old fools like Das Reich and the gammon element of football support.

Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I never mentioned power ! , I believe standing is a stronger message than getting down on my knees ! . Traditionally you bow to those above you , you kneel before those above you , hardly equal ? . Putting my arm around my fellow team mate is far more of a message and has more impact imho .

I understand what you mean but I think you have missed the point.

This is a very simple thing. They take the knee. The racist howl in anger. The rest of us should applaud. Job done.

:shrug:

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about folk just take the England players at their word that this is nothing to do with BLM the political movement. Taking the knee pre-dates that.

How about just saying nothing for ten seconds.

Then once it's all done things can be re-visited and the symbolism perhaps changed to something less controversial (if indeed this really is).

How about those who boo just play adults for a few seconds and then they can go back to their 'ten German bomber' chants.

Yes. This simple guesture predated 'BLM' (the real meme, and the fake website put up by Russia, so beloved of dimwit Das Reich and his little racist circle) by years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is noticeable that those who have most to say on this are those who have most to say on race issues generally.

The reality is that showing solidarity against discrimination internationally shouldn't be an issue when confined to a ten second display on a football pitch. The symbolism may be debated for change, but the intention is not to show support for the wider politics of the BLM movement.

But to start attacking this with such negativity, rather than sensible discourse, is a little disturbing.

Why is it SUCH an issue for some ? I'd like to hear their thoughts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thick, old racists out in force tonight.

They are geting all excited about showing he world who invented football and winning the world cup for white people, especially England.

(ten years ago Das Reich would have, sorry, of, given me a thumbs up for posting that.....:drool:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is noticeable that those who have most to say on this are those who have most to say on race issues generally.

The reality is that showing solidarity against discrimination internationally shouldn't be an issue when confined to a ten second display on a football pitch. The symbolism may be debated for change, but the intention is not to show support for the wider politics of the BLM movement.

But to start attacking this with such negativity, rather than sensible discourse, is a little disturbing.

Why is it SUCH an issue for some ? I'd like to hear their thoughts.

Yes, come on patriots, please explain why taking the knee is wrong and bad. I'm all ears :cheery:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thick, old racists out in force tonight.

So are some highly intelligent people who were protesting, marching and campaigning for racial equality and fair play back in the 60s and 70s, regardless of the colour of their skin, quite possibly before you were born.

So, "Thick, old racists out in force tonight" has a distinctly inappropriate (and priggish) feel to it.......... :shrug:

Your trope.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So are some highly intelligent people who were protesting, marching and campaigning for racial equality and fair play back in the 60s and 70s, regardless of the colour of their skin, quite possibly before you were born.

So, "Thick, old racists out in force tonight" has a distinctly inappropriate (and priggish) feel to it.......... :shrug:

Your trope.

It was said in jest, GT. Sorry, couldn't resist.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I understand what you mean but I think you have missed the point.

This is a very simple thing. They take the knee. The racist howl in anger. The rest of us should applaud. Job done.

:shrug:

:thumbsup:

If i have the privilege of drinking with you one day , will you sit on the floor while i sit on a seat ? . I have never met you but can imagine your distain at that comment . I would love to think that ttn will cure racism but i believe that because it is rammed downed our throats all the bloody time it actually has a negative effect . My mates - all colours race and creed have the same attitude as i do , we don1t care what the wankers think .

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011

This kneeling to protest racism started in the US where they stand for their national anthem before any sporting event. So to stand at that point wouldn't really work as a protest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here