• Love it and long may it continue

Votes: 95 27.5%
  • Agreed with the gesture to begin with but want it to stop now

Votes: 132 38.2%

• Total voters

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yes it does, multi millionaires are not oppressed, in fact they are the least most oppressed constituency of people, whatever the race, creed etc. in whatever country.

I am not surprised you don’t understand this reality because with racism you are a zealot, everything is either good or evil, black or white, right or wrong. Context and nuance is disposed of because for you the matter is a simple question, yes or no.

But life ain’t simple, and whilst I am not condoning social media abuse of Rashford, his status and wealth will make a difference to his life. The likes of Rashford moaning about how bad his life is after being sent monkey emojis is laughable.

There are people out there who ARE oppressed (black and white) and who’s lives are a far greater struggle than Rashford’s is now, that is a FACT but you can carry on with the “poor old St Marcus routine” it won’t wash with me.

Just... Wow!

A stunning display of both what it means to be wealthy and what it means to be oppressed and abused

So much ignorance in one tiny package.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
... you are a zealot, everything is either good or evil, black or white, right or wrong. Context and nuance is disposed of because for you the matter is a simple question, yes or no.

Well played, top irony there :clap2:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The players have said it is not tied to any political movement or BLM organisation or whatever.

If people booed the minute silence around the remembrance period would you be ok with them having their own judgement / view on it ?

Then they are wrong. Kick it out always appeared to be entirely non political and was seemingly well supported by the authorities and football attending public.

Taking the knee in the US (where this gesture was born) is political because it is how many black (and white) sports men and women react to their pre game National anthem. It is unsurprisingly not universally loved by US sports fans, including those sympathetic with the BLM cause.

The football authorities and media have got on the wrong horse with taking the knee, because it is for many people a) associated with a political movement that wants to defund the police, b) is a US import not recognises the differences between US / U.K. and c) is a meaningless gesture without action.

It is your right to boo the Remembrance Day silence. I wouldn’t, but if people want let them, quite what that has to do with taking the knee is mind boggling , unless...........nah, even you aren’t really suggesting?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just... Wow!

A stunning display of both what it means to be wealthy and what it means to be oppressed and abused

I disagree, apparently it’s acceptable to make monkey noises at millionaire footballers and the outrageous three year ban of a Manchester City fan and a £500 fine is just liberal bedwetters getting their rocks off.

https://www.90min.com/posts/man-city-fan-banned-3-years-racist-abuse-man-utd-players

It’s just sticks and stones and a bit of bantz, especially as the City fan was a proper one as he came from Wythenshawe and Rashford is worth a bob or two.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Just... Wow!

I tell you what, go out into the poorest parts of this country, ask people (black or white) if they would be willing to receive a million pound a year, but the only catch is they need to read personally abusive messages on social media every day.

Times that by 10 and we have Marcus Rashford.

Now i am pretty sure I know what the outcome would be. For the genuine poor and oppressed they would take it for £100. it appears we have a group of people in here that would not want that deal......poor lambs.

So much absurdity in one tiny collective.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I disagree, apparently it’s acceptable to make monkey noises at millionaire footballers and the outrageous three year ban of a Manchester City fan and a £500 fine is just liberal bedwetters getting their rocks off.

https://www.90min.com/posts/man-city-fan-banned-3-years-racist-abuse-man-utd-players

It’s just sticks and stones and a bit of bantz, especially as the City fan was a proper one as he came from Wythenshawe and Rashford is worth a bob or two.

Well as long as it's just "Bantz" and not deeply scarring psychological abuse specifically targeting skin colour as something that is both out of the victim's control and irrelevant to the argument then that's ok. I withdraw my objection to the previous post directed at the callous, ignorant tw*t ('s second account bullsh1t). Silly me.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The vast majority of the population feel that racism is a bad thing.
The booing of 'taking the knee' is as much down to impatience and the fear of losing any feeling of superiority as much as anything else.

If 'taking the knee' is to continue I think it should be accompanied by applause to show the support from the majority.
A minutes silence was occasionally booed by a few idiots but was drowned out by clapping. I reckon something similar will need to happen.

Some small minded people will boo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It appears to me that a certain amount of mental gmynastics, assumption and wilfully missing the point is required for people to be so against the players taking the knee that they feel the need to boo.

I would say that these people need to have a think about why they are prepared to this.

If you don't agree with people making a gesture for a few seconds before a game then perhaps use your manners and keep your trap shut while they do it.

No need to try and cancel the gesture or to virtue signal your discontent to your echo chamber.

Just as someone booing national anthems or minutes silences, these people are a special kind of rude, obnoxious moron.

Unless of course the footballers earn more than $100,000 a week. In which case they are fair game and the morons should be encouraged to spit their bile at them, just to keep them real :lolol::lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Then they are wrong. Kick it out always appeared to be entirely non political and was seemingly well supported by the authorities and football attending public.

Taking the knee in the US (where this gesture was born) is political because it is how many black (and white) sports men and women react to their pre game National anthem. It is unsurprisingly not universally loved by US sports fans, including those sympathetic with the BLM cause.

The football authorities and media have got on the wrong horse with taking the knee, because it is for many people a) associated with a political movement that wants to defund the police, b) is a US import not recognises the differences between US / U.K. and c) is a meaningless gesture without action.

It is your right to boo the Remembrance Day silence. I wouldn’t, but if people want let them, quite what that has to do with taking the knee is mind boggling , unless...........nah, even you aren’t really suggesting?

You’re tripping over your own head to justify booing an anti racism gesture. You should probably stop digging now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I tell you what, go out into the poorest parts of this country, ask people (black or white) if they would be willing to receive a million pound a year, but the only catch is they need to read personally abusive messages on social media every day.

Times that by 10 and we have Marcus Rashford.

Now i am pretty sure I know what the outcome would be. For the genuine poor and oppressed they would take it for £100. it appears we have a group of people in here that would not want that deal......poor lambs.

So much absurdity in one tiny collective.

But there is no 'deal'. There is simply a correct way to treat another human being whatever their race is, rich or poor. It is a distraction to argue speciously that if one receives a reward, then one can dismiss racism.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The booing of 'taking the knee' is as much down to impatience and the fear of losing any feeling of superiority as much as anything else.

If 'taking the knee' is to continue I think it should be accompanied by applause to show the support from the majority.
A minutes silence was occasionally booed by a few idiots but was drowned out by clapping. I reckon something similar will need to happen.

I wouldn't boo under any circumstances, but I also wouldn't clap taking the knee.

Each to their own, though.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

There we are then, those that support it can clap, those that don’t can boo.

If everyone keeps their own prejudices to themselves about who the idiots are we can then move on to the football.

I’m looking forward to next season already.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
But there is no 'deal'. There is simply a correct way to treat another human being whatever their race is, rich or poor. It is a distraction to argue speciously that if one receives a reward, then one can dismiss racism.

I’m not dismissing racism, I am dismissing it having a profound affect on multi millionaires earning £10m pa.

Multi millionaires are not the “oppressed”, and certainly not by social media posts by nobodies located around the world. Should it happen, no, will it happen probably, there are parts of the world not as tolerant as the U.K.

FACT.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Why are all threads about booing the knee being deleted?

As soon as these threads come up they are being deleted. Is it because they have been discussed to death already? Its widely being reported in the media about these morons booing so surely its ok for topical debate.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably not deleted but just merged into existing thread.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As soon as these threads come up they are being deleted. Is it because they have been discussed to death already? Its widely being reported in the media about these morons booing so surely its ok for topical debate.

Could always start a thread about moaning about the weather :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here