• Love it and long may it continue

Votes: 95 27.5%
  • Agreed with the gesture to begin with but want it to stop now

Votes: 132 38.2%

• Total voters

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
There you go again. Why does everything you write betray your jealousy of success and money (or certainly if you have a certain political outlook or skin colour)?

I’m not jealous of success, I simply recognise that in the case of Rashford his success brings great luxury and privilege. Good luck to him, if he is earning £10m plus a year from Man Utd, the that is his worth, I accept that. It’s that privilege that should (and let’s be honest it DOES) offset getting nasty messages on Twitter.

Now Lineker is different, if the BBC decide to pay him millions to his offshore company, well that just another reason to not pay the licence. You can pay, not me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not jealous of success, I simply recognise that in the case of Rashford his success brings great luxury and privilege. Good luck to him, if he is earning £10m plus a year from Man Utd, the that is his worth, I accept that. It’s that privilege that should (and let’s be honest it DOES) offset getting nasty messages on Twitter.

Now Lineker is different, if the BBC decide to pay him millions to his offshore company, well that just another reason to not pay the licence. You can pay, not me.

No it doesn't offset it. Mental health, bigotry and wealth are three entirely separate things. Racism doesn't hurt less because you're rich, nor does money necessarily make you happy.

Presumably you don't watch any sport just in case you contribute to the tax efficient incomes of football owners (including nation states with dodgy human rights records), and the sort of media moguls who employ arch Brexiteer Sir Ian Botham as an analyst?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Since when has money made you immune to racism or, for that matter, mental health issues?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No it doesn't offset it. Mental health, bigotry and wealth are three entirely separate things. Racism doesn't hurt less because you're rich, nor does money necessarily make you happy.

Presumably you don't watch any sport just in case you contribute to the tax efficient incomes of football owners (including nation states with dodgy human rights records), and the sort of media moguls who employ arch Brexiteer Sir Ian Botham as an analyst?

Why are you addressing someone I have on ignore as if he's a 7 year old?

Oh....hang on :facepalm:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is this thread related to the Knee replacement surgery one by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Is this thread related to the Knee replacement surgery one by any chance?

The parliamentary Labour Party and other assorted anti semites will be queuing up for Knee replacement surgery if they carry on grovelling to thugs that desecrate war memorials....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The parliamentary Labour Party and other assorted anti semites will be queuing up for Knee replacement surgery if they carry on grovelling to thugs that desecrate war memorials....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's hope medical science can also help them grow a spine one day, helping to reduce the need for Knee surgery in the future leading to less knee jerking impulses to jump on any bandwagon .... [emoji106]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this a thread about davey propper.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your entitled to your opinion as I and others have that BLM and the current endorsed gesturing is political. The players have a right to support that political view, the public has a right to make its own judgement and gestures if they disapprove of it. What’s the problem.

You're quite correct of course. You do indeed have the right to be an utter tool.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Your entitled to your opinion as I and others have that BLM and the current endorsed gesturing is political. The players have a right to support that political view, the public has a right to make its own judgement and gestures if they disapprove of it. What’s the problem.

Does anyone seriously believe that players who take the knee are making anything other than an anti-racist gesture?

Well, apart from idiots like Nigel Farage, who has tweeted his approval of fans booing what he calls players' support for a Marxist political movement.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You're quite correct of course. You do indeed have the right to be an utter tool.[/QUOTE

The ultra hypocrit speaks again! This from dear old Clampy who, on another thread, bemoaned the fact that Brexit britain had become so toxic! What of course he meant, as his post demonstrates, is that others, with whom he disagrees have caused this allegedly toxic atmosphere, but he can continue to insult others at his leisure.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anyone seriously believe that players who take the knee are making anything other than an anti-racist gesture?

Well, apart from idiots like Nigel Farage, who has tweeted his approval of fans booing what he calls players' support for a Marxist political movement.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Anything that upsets and annoys racists is worth doing.

Apparently Gareth Southgate and the boys have today reaffirmed this stance (the knee will continue), with particular reference to the booing gammon at the last England game.

I await a racist, posting on NSC 'bring it on, the knee, I don't give a **** and will always be racist'.

They won't post that though, because they don't have the guts :lolol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have said it before and I'll say it again. Anything that upsets and annoys racists is worth doing.

Apparently Gareth Southgate and the boys have today reaffirmed this stance (the knee will continue), with particular reference to the booing gammon at the last England game.

I await a racist, posting on NSC 'bring it on, the knee, I don't give a **** and will always be racist'.

They won't post that though, because they don't have the guts :lolol:
And I can't help but wonder how many of the boys thought - or might even have suggested, if they dared - "actually boss, it was a great idea at the time, we fully supported it and we are totally against racism, but it's now become a meaningless, past its sell-by-date gesture. Seriously, does a thirty second match highlight reel really include taking the knee rate as part of the 'highlights'?"

Of course, if that sentiment was expressed it would have been ruled out - 'hey, we don't want the gutter press hurling a shit-storm of racism against us, do we?' OK, Southgate and the boys, those who agree and those who don't, have re-affirmed the stance. Everything's fine then.

Now let's look at Brighton fans. By our own definition, we are among the most liberal, intelligent, progressive, forward-thinking and tolerant (pause over that last one - dissenting views don't always go down well) fans in the land. Anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-homophobic, all of these with knobs on, and rightly so. NSC probably a fair cross section - possibly generally even more liberal ...etc, etc, etc.

75% of NSC think it's time to scrap bending the knee. Think of that. 75%. Three out of four of the most liberal, anti-racist fans forum in the world! Take it on board. 75%! Is anybody saying that 75% of NSC are racist? I should bloody hope not! Note also that a sizeable majority of that 75% were pro taking the knee in its time, but now recognise it as a gesture that has no longer any validity. The fact that a sizeable majority of that 75% supported the idea in its day shows that a sizeable majority of that 75% aren't racist, and are committed to racial equality. Taking the knee is now annoying more non-racists than racists; not a good way forward.

Still. the loudest voices, eh? Better carry on doing it until the cows come home, or be labelled racist if you don't. C'est la vie .............

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The players and Southgate continue to say they aren't doing it for political reasons. I also support it for non-political reasons. It is you who is saying it's political, no one else.

Thinking white and black people should be equal isn't a ****ing political view.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
75% of NSC think it's time to scrap bending the knee.

Have you seen the poll options?! I haven't voted, along with no doubt a huge number of others, because "love it" is a ****ing braindead ****ish way of suggesting you support it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And I can't help but wonder how many of the boys thought - or might even have suggested, if they dared - "actually boss, it was a great idea at the time, we fully supported it and we are totally against racism, but it's now become a meaningless, past its sell-by-date gesture. Seriously, does a thirty second match highlight reel really include taking the knee rate as part of the 'highlights'?"

Of course, if that sentiment was expressed it would have been ruled out - 'hey, we don't want the gutter press hurling a shit-storm of racism against us, do we?' OK, Southgate and the boys, those who agree and those who don't, have re-affirmed the stance. Everything's fine then.

Now let's look at Brighton fans. By our own definition, we are among the most liberal, intelligent, progressive, forward-thinking and tolerant (pause over that last one - dissenting views don't always go down well) fans in the land. Anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-homophobic, all of these with knobs on, and rightly so. NSC probably a fair cross section - possibly generally even more liberal ...etc, etc, etc.

75% of NSC think it's time to scrap bending the knee. Think of that. 75%. Three out of four of the most liberal, anti-racist fans forum in the world! Take it on board. 75%! Is anybody saying that 75% of NSC are racist? I should bloody hope not! Note also that a sizeable majority of that 75% were pro taking the knee in its time, but now recognise it as a gesture that has no longer any validity. The fact that a sizeable majority of that 75% supported the idea in its day shows that a sizeable majority of that 75% aren't racist, and are committed to racial equality. Taking the knee is now annoying more non-racists than racists; not a good way forward.

Still. the loudest voices, eh? Better carry on doing it until the cows come home, or be labelled racist if you don't. C'est la vie .............

75%? Who cares? A far greater propotion than that thought, in Germany, in 1939, that Hitler was grrrrrreat (Tony the Tiger, there).

The bit I have highlighted is to indicate your post is beneath you. Nobody expects you to take the knee. You are not a footballer and you are too old. Our footballers, however, think differently. If they decide to stop, that's up to them. I may have raised an eyebrow at Zaha once but I'm not bovvered if he doesn't. After all.....(you can guess the rest).

It is up to the footballers. I will give them my support and encouragement if they carry on (for reasons explained). If they decide to stop, oh well, who cares? I'm white and privilaged and it doesn't affect me :shrug:

???

and 'wow! you really don't get it do you?' That saddens me a bit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're quite correct of course. You do indeed have the right to be an utter tool.[/QUOTE

The ultra hypocrit speaks again! This from dear old Clampy who, on another thread, bemoaned the fact that Brexit britain had become so toxic! What of course he meant, as his post demonstrates, is that others, with whom he disagrees have caused this allegedly toxic atmosphere, but he can continue to insult others at his leisure.

The reason I come across as a hypocrite is because I am one. I’ll live with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you seen the poll options?! I haven't voted, along with no doubt a huge number of others, because "love it" is a ****ing braindead ****ish way of suggesting you support it.

I'm a bit saddened by GT this evening. It is really extraordinarily simple......isn't it. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here