Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Your entitled to your opinion as I and others have that BLM and the current endorsed gesturing is political. The players have a right to support that political view, the public has a right to make its own judgement and gestures if they disapprove of it. What’s the problem.

The players have said it is not tied to any political movement or BLM organisation or whatever.

If people booed the minute silence around the remembrance period would you be ok with them having their own judgement / view on it ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The players have said it is not tied to any political movement or BLM organisation or whatever.

If people booed the minute silence around the remembrance period would you be ok with them having their own judgement / view on it ?

This proposition has been posted before (by me). I got no reply. Free speech - boo the silence. I don't advocate that, BTW and would deplore it because...I'm not a ****. :shrug:

Some people can be so ****ing rude :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And I can't help but wonder how many of the boys thought - or might even have suggested, if they dared - "actually boss, it was a great idea at the time, we fully supported it and we are totally against racism, but it's now become a meaningless, past its sell-by-date gesture. Seriously, does a thirty second match highlight reel really include taking the knee rate as part of the 'highlights'?"

Of course, if that sentiment was expressed it would have been ruled out - 'hey, we don't want the gutter press hurling a shit-storm of racism against us, do we?' OK, Southgate and the boys, those who agree and those who don't, have re-affirmed the stance. Everything's fine then.

Now let's look at Brighton fans. By our own definition, we are among the most liberal, intelligent, progressive, forward-thinking and tolerant (pause over that last one - dissenting views don't always go down well) fans in the land. Anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-homophobic, all of these with knobs on, and rightly so. NSC probably a fair cross section - possibly generally even more liberal ...etc, etc, etc.

75% of NSC think it's time to scrap bending the knee. Think of that. 75%. Three out of four of the most liberal, anti-racist fans forum in the world! Take it on board. 75%! Is anybody saying that 75% of NSC are racist? I should bloody hope not! Note also that a sizeable majority of that 75% were pro taking the knee in its time, but now recognise it as a gesture that has no longer any validity. The fact that a sizeable majority of that 75% supported the idea in its day shows that a sizeable majority of that 75% aren't racist, and are committed to racial equality. Taking the knee is now annoying more non-racists than racists; not a good way forward.

Still. the loudest voices, eh? Better carry on doing it until the cows come home, or be labelled racist if you don't. C'est la vie .............

That's simply not true. See the replies earlier in the day to The Wizard. You are a million miles off the mark. In fact, I'd suggest the only votes have come from the small minority who don't think the poll questions were biased and, frankly, odd.

Add me as another one who's fine with it but didn't vote - just in case you missed today's earlier posts saying exactly that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And I can't help but wonder how many of the boys thought - or might even have suggested, if they dared - "actually boss, it was a great idea at the time, we fully supported it and we are totally against racism, but it's now become a meaningless, past its sell-by-date gesture. Seriously, does a thirty second match highlight reel really include taking the knee rate as part of the 'highlights'?"

Of course, if that sentiment was expressed it would have been ruled out - 'hey, we don't want the gutter press hurling a shit-storm of racism against us, do we?' OK, Southgate and the boys, those who agree and those who don't, have re-affirmed the stance. Everything's fine then.

Now let's look at Brighton fans. By our own definition, we are among the most liberal, intelligent, progressive, forward-thinking and tolerant (pause over that last one - dissenting views don't always go down well) fans in the land. Anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-homophobic, all of these with knobs on, and rightly so. NSC probably a fair cross section - possibly generally even more liberal ...etc, etc, etc.

75% of NSC think it's time to scrap bending the knee. Think of that. 75%. Three out of four of the most liberal, anti-racist fans forum in the world! Take it on board. 75%! Is anybody saying that 75% of NSC are racist? I should bloody hope not! Note also that a sizeable majority of that 75% were pro taking the knee in its time, but now recognise it as a gesture that has no longer any validity. The fact that a sizeable majority of that 75% supported the idea in its day shows that a sizeable majority of that 75% aren't racist, and are committed to racial equality. Taking the knee is now annoying more non-racists than racists; not a good way forward.

Still. the loudest voices, eh? Better carry on doing it until the cows come home, or be labelled racist if you don't. C'est la vie .............

Well said sir, amusing to see the small incestuous clique that think they always speak for NSC being completely marginalised though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

269 people have bothered to vote which is nowhere near 75% of Nsc. I didn’t vote because I didn’t like the options offered.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well said sir, amusing to see the small incestuous clique that think they always speak for NSC being completely marginalised though.

You’ve read this wrong as has GT49er. Barely anyone voted because the poll is heavily biased.

As far as “speaking for NSC”? Every single member of NSC has exactly the same opportunity to express their views. Just as every single member of NSC has exactly the same opportunity to challenge those views.
If certain people can’t express themselves properly or come across as racist or rude then they need to stop blaming everyone else and work on how they present themselves.
I’ve rarely come across a group of people so quick to blame other people for their short-comings as the right of centre posters on this forum. I’m embarrassed for you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Only 25% of the very liberal NSC want it to continue.

If you asked this somewhere like WACCOE it’d be under 10 I feel.
I didn't vote on the poll because I think it is poorly written and highly leading in it's answers.

Not worth the bytes it is written in.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Since when has money made you immune to racism or, for that matter, mental health issues?
I have asked Cunning (lol) this question a couple of times and he has failed to address it.

For good reason I suppose. Even for one so adept at mental gymnastics, trying to explain this nonsense is going to be tricky.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Spot on!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Add me as another one who's fine with it but didn't vote - just in case you missed today's earlier posts saying exactly that.

The ‘I didn’t vote’ argument is irrelevant, can be called by both sides.

But.....if the poll is public (I have not checked) there are probably many who have not voted against the knee continuing for fear of being labelled racist by the oh so tolerant crowd.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The fact that a sizeable majority of that 75% supported the idea in its day shows that a sizeable majority of that 75% aren't racist, and are committed to racial equality.

I take exception at the idea you have put that if one didn't agree with bending the knee, one is a racist. I agree with the SEGW when he said his parents taught him to be proud of his race. In my view that is a good thing, black, white or any other colour. I don't think it gives the most positive message, we should all stand tall, together, whatever our heritage is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The ‘I didn’t vote’ argument is irrelevant, can be called by both sides.

But.....if the poll is public (I have not checked) there are probably many who have not voted against the knee continuing for fear of being labelled racist by the oh so tolerant crowd.

Let's be clear. There are three "no" options and one "yes". The one "yes" option is worded as 'love it' which is the sort of thing an over enthusiastic teenage Tik Tok user might say. There is nothing to love about players, particularly BAME ones, feeling that they need to show, week after week, that not enough is being done about racism and inequality in our game. In 2021 this shouldn't even be a question.

The poll is not public. 271 people have voted. Of those, even in this biased and misleading poll, only 75 have never agreed with it.

NSC has a user base of 26,929, some of which are undoubtedly second accounts. Nevertheless, in a poll specifically designed to mislead and not present a credibly worded option to agree, only 0.01% of users have bothered to vote on the poll and only 27% of the 0,01% have been against it from the start.

And all this in a poll whose bias was called out as so within the first 10 posts.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Let's be clear. There are three "no" options and one "yes". The one "yes" option is worded as 'love it' which is the sort of thing an over enthusiastic teenage Tik Tok user might say. There is nothing to love about players, particularly BAME ones, feeling that they need to show, week after week, that not enough is being done about racism and inequality in our game. In 2021 this shouldn't even be a question.

The poll is not public. 271 people have voted. Of those, even in this biased and misleading poll, only 75 have never agreed with it.

NSC has a user base of 26,929, some of which are undoubtedly second accounts. Nevertheless, in a poll specifically designed to mislead and not present a credibly worded option to agree, only 0.01% of users have bothered to vote on the poll and only 27% of the 0,01% have been against it from the start.

And all this in a poll whose bias was called out as so within the first 10 posts.

I agree with this; it also highlights the dangers of 'political' polls and referendum in general..... either they betray the prejudice of the creator or they are simplistic and divisive, the outcome pleasing only a tiny minority.......

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
No it doesn't offset it. Mental health, bigotry and wealth are three entirely separate things. Racism doesn't hurt less because you're rich, nor does money necessarily make you happy.

Presumably you don't watch any sport just in case you contribute to the tax efficient incomes of football owners (including nation states with dodgy human rights records), and the sort of media moguls who employ arch Brexiteer Sir Ian Botham as an analyst?

Yes it does, multi millionaires are not oppressed, in fact they are the least most oppressed constituency of people, whatever the race, creed etc. in whatever country.

I am not surprised you don’t understand this reality because with racism you are a zealot, everything is either good or evil, black or white, right or wrong. Context and nuance is disposed of because for you the matter is a simple question, yes or no.

But life ain’t simple, and whilst I am not condoning social media abuse of Rashford, his status and wealth will make a difference to his life. The likes of Rashford moaning about how bad his life is after being sent monkey emojis is laughable.

There are people out there who ARE oppressed (black and white) and who’s lives are a far greater struggle than Rashford’s is now, that is a FACT but you can carry on with the “poor old St Marcus routine” it won’t wash with me.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Since when has money made you immune to racism or, for that matter, mental health issues?

Yeah, no doubt Mier Rothschild and his 5 boys got a shed load of racism and anti semitism when they rolled out their banking empire.

How did that turn out for them?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Does anyone seriously believe that players who take the knee are making anything other than an anti-racist gesture?

Well, apart from idiots like Nigel Farage, who has tweeted his approval of fans booing what he calls players' support for a Marxist political movement.

You seemingly speak from a point of certainty, however my view was as soon as BLM started its campaign in lockdown last summer which involved violence against the very police they are seeking to defund many people thought, what’s this lot about?

Starmer et al took the knee and the political discourse of BLM was off and running. I wonder if he regrets that photo now........it’s become his bacon sandwich moment hasn’t it?

Only idiots would really think BLM was not political.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here