Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking days off because of the snow

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I travelled 3 hours including an hour walking to get to work today and I live approximately farthest from the office, whilst those living in the same town claimed they couldn't walk. Some pathetic excuses bring sent in via email today.

If you can walk to a train station then chances are you can get to work okay. Those that have to drive on dodgy roads then it's fair enough.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its pathetic. If you want to get to work you will. I had two of my team not show today, one texted me, and one emailed. Isn't it funny how when you're really sick you don't mind calling in but when you're skivving you hide behind a text or an email.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
God some people are miserable bastards its only work, live a little. Have to get a train to the City lots of hassle would arrive about 10 or later and not get home till god knows when + FCC are advising people not to travel so all in all not really worth it

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
From what I hear FCC have pulled all trains from service this evening, though I have no idea if this is true.

Anybody here live up and around Queens Park area? how are the pavements, is it possible and safe to walk from Brighton station up there?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would like to go to work but it has been shut for the last few days. Have to admit though that there really are some pathetic people who do not even attempt to get into work and the excuses really are an absolute joke. I got into work yesterday only to be sent home, some people who lived a 10 min walk away had excuses for not getting in.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I drive a gritter and I've been told not to go in tonight :)

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
May make the effort and set my alarm in the morning to have a look out the window...
I made the effort last January when it was really bad. But after their utter contempt when i had Swine flu in the summer, with the fact they didn't pay me and couldn't understand the concept that the reason why i didn't see a Doctor was because your are suppose to be quarantined. So be blown if I'm going out of my way for them.
Quite enjoying getting my 3 days back as thats how many days i had to have unpaid last summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here