Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking days off because of the snow

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Just typical British mentality really isnt it? A bit of snow = easy way to a day off work. I work in London and have made it from Brighton into London by train every day this week. Yesterday I was about half an hour late but such is life.

I suppose peoples circumstances do differ to a certain extent but the way people were just turning around and going home when we only sat at Haywards Heath on the train this morning for 6 minutes was laughable!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Actually it's not the distance - office is closed because the power has gone down. So quite a valid excuse. And I'm loving it :smile:

Fair enough then, I am assuming your office is closed ?

My beef is with those lazy bastards that dont even make the effort to get into work because of the snow and use it as an excuse to take the day off !!:angry:

D

Deleted User X18H

My beef is with those lazy bastards that dont even make the effort to get into work because of the snow and use it as an excuse to take the day off !!:angry:

Utter disgrace!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I cut grass for a living, am I excused? :lolol:

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I'm disabled & walking in the snow is really painful, added to the fact that I risk falling over & being off work for a longer time. On Tuesday I bought all of my work home & have been ploughing away at it ever since. My boss is happy as I am safe & working.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

Ah, that will be me then.............:thumbsup:

Not been in since before Xmas....:wave:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
What a great idea. Let's have loads of people making really dangerous and difficult car journeys, having accidents, being hospitalised, putting an even greater strain on the emergency services.........It's only work, ffs, it'll still be there when the snow has gone. And, for the record, I was at, of all places, bloody E Croydon station 10.45pm last night, trying to work out how to get to Redhill, as Southern did not consider that station worthy of stopping at.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What a great idea. Let's have loads of people making really dangerous and difficult car journeys, having accidents, being hospitalised, putting an even greater strain on the emergency services.........It's only work, ffs, it'll still be there when the snow has gone. And, for the record, I was at, of all places, bloody E Croydon station 10.45pm last night, trying to work out how to get to Redhill, as Southern did not consider that station worthy of stopping at.

But what if the emergency services had that attitude ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here