Taking a baby to the Amex

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Baby.jpg

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm the same actually. I too have renewed, on the condition that I barely go to any Saturday games. Actually I know of at least two others in the same boat, including one of my brothers.

I think that is the rub for most blokes with small kids. My weekends used to consist of late mornings, racing, football, beer and Golf. My weekends now consist of getting up at 6 a.m to watch milkshake, pushing a pram around aimlessly to get a 1yr off to sleep, cleaning lobbed mushed weatabix off the floor, referreing a small war in a soft play centre (I HATE those places) and making duplo space ships (Very badly) and train tracks.

Any social life I do have is now generally confined to week nights which seem easier to get a pass for. Saturdays off for a day on the pop and a game of footy are like gold dust.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think that is the rub for most blokes with small kids. My weekends used to consist of late mornings, racing, football, beer and Golf. My weekends now consist of getting up at 6 a.m to watch milkshake, pushing a pram around aimlessly to get a 1yr off to sleep, cleaning lobbed mushed weatabix off the floor, referreing a small war in a soft play centre (I HATE those places) and making duplo space ships (Very badly) and train tracks.

Any social life I do have is now generally confined to week nights which seem easier to get a pass for. Saturdays off for a day on the pop and a game of footy are like gold dust.
Yes, yes they are.

I'd love to know whether the club have ever considered a creche. As has been said on this thread though, there would surely need to be a market for it beyond the 23 home matches.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Yes, yes they are.

I'd love to know whether the club have ever considered a creche. As has been said on this thread though, there would surely need to be a market for it beyond the 23 home matches.

I pay £56 a DAY to send my 1 year old to nursery and the fcukers have just sent me an e-mail saying they are putting the prices UP.

There is more money to made in childcare than there is in gold mining. If they did set a monday - friday nursery up and then have a saturday service for home games we could afford to sign Carlos Tevez.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I pay £56 a DAY to send my 1 year old to nursery and the fcukers have just sent me an e-mail saying they are putting the prices UP.

There is more money to made in childcare than there is in gold mining. If they did set a monday - friday nursery up and then have a saturday service for home games we could afford to sign Carlos Tevez.

Good idea. I would have thought that would be incredibly convenient for working parents coming down the A27 on the way to work in Brighton during the week. Easy parking. Albion in the Community could even link up to offer supervised childcare experience.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
When the Amex first opened I asked the club the minimum age to bring a child to the game and they said at least 2 years old. My boy has 7 months to wait. :)

I probably won't take him until then and probably not regularly until he is 4. I haven't got a season ticket and have given up playing football to be with my son on the weekends. I'm lucky I only have a 10 minute commute and spend at least an hour with him before he goes to bed, weekends are precious time and my football attendance has suffered consequently.

When he is older and we are visiting grandparents back home though - perfect son and dad time.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Quick question for you all.

At the end of June this year my wife will be giving birth to our first baby (exciting times!). She's enjoyed coming to the Amex with me a lot this year (she couldn't stand Withdean) but has said that once the baby is with us, she's unlikely to come back until he's a lot older.

That said, I'm thinking of going 1901 for the next season, so I'm wondering - does anyone bring babies or very very young children to the match? I'm wondering if the slightly more civil surroundings of hospitality would make it feasible, especially the basics such as leaving a pushchair in reception so he can be put in a carry cot. Or is this a ridiculous idea?

Cheers in advance. :)

Why not try it with a young dog first, and see whether bringing that along to the Amex creates a distraction for you and the other supporters sitting near you.

My guess would be that it would, although those sitting near you would probably find a shitting, pissing and yapping puppy more endearing than a screaming young child.............even your little darling.

You did ask.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think the Amex needs a creche. with that one addition... it would perhaps be the greatest stadium in the world.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I don't think a creche would work. When they start at a nursery it can take a week for them to get settled and happy for you to leave them. You just wouldn't leave your crying and upset child with a room full of strangers while you went off to watch the footy.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I don't think a creche would work. When they start at a nursery it can take a week for them to get settled and happy for you to leave them. You just wouldn't leave your crying and upset child with a room full of strangers while you went off to watch the footy.

Depends on the child. Crèches at gyms work fine as it's only a couple of hours. Same for the football.

The major issue would be transport - trying to take a small child on a park and ride bus after an hour queueing in the freezing cold wouldn't be fun.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:lolol::lolol::lolol:A crèche at football
Only at Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here