Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take my girlfriend up the Amex

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Entrance is a little tight but i would recommend the west upper. Pop your card in the slot to enter, then simply work your way up and up that staircase, then it opens out nicely to that sweaty hot concourse awash with bittery fluid from the harveys pump.

Brilliant. Just given you good rep for this.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Was thinking of getting tickets for my girlfriend so I can take her up the Amex.

Never taken her to football but thought that if im going to then this is the place to do it.

Anyone taken there other half there for her first football experience?
Taking my wife to the Palarse game for our wedding anni:lolol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Walsall away (4-2) was her first experience of the Albion, so I'm considering taking my mrs 'up the Amex' sometime. Been to the stadium but not inside properly, more of a rim job walking round the entire stadium site and just slipping into the shop briefly. Be interested to know how this goes. Don't want it to be an every week thing but would like to introduce it as an occasional bonus to my/our routine.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Took mine to the Blackpool game. 4 goals, great football, shed loads of beer and pies but she still doesn't 'get it'. :lolol: I thought I'd got away fairly unscathed when the poor lass had to deal with Danny Seagull shouting 'Oi Rich let me have a go on that!' which went down like a led Zeppelin I can tell you.

It was a miracle I'd got her to a game at all after the disaster it became last time.

I took her to Southampton away last year, I was quite unwell but holding it together - just. When we scored I kicked her beer flying, it did almost a full circle before it came crashing down at her feet. She was wearing boots at the time and the pint landed in such a way as to one of them up to the brim with larger! Not good. Then I promptly collapsed, threw up everywhere and came around with two drips and in the care of St Johns Ambulance.
Now that is not nice calling the St Johns ambulance men two drips!

Took mine to the Blackpool game. 4 goals, great football, shed loads of beer and pies but she still doesn't 'get it'. :lolol: I thought I'd got away fairly unscathed when the poor lass had to deal with Danny Seagull shouting 'Oi Rich let me have a go on that!' which went down like a led Zeppelin I can tell you.

I never did say - thanks for letting me :thumbsup:

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Took mine on Saturday...treated her to lunch at the east stand brasserie, then sat in the north stand. She was very complimentary about the whole Amex experience, and would like to see another game. Perhaps millwall on valentines day is a bridge too far, but methinks the Albion has gained another fan

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So, if we end up with a replay, will you be taking her up the Arsenal? ???

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So, if we end up with a replay, will you be taking her up the Arsenal? ???

Jiggery-Pokery-3_1539084c.jpg

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
As I've said on here before, taking a lady up the Amex for the first time is not something you do lightly. She's bound to feel nervous trying something new, and could feel uncomfortable with that many people watching.

I tried to talk to my wife into letting me take her up the Amex for ages but for some reason she just wouldn't let me. She said its not really her thing and she’s happy to just let me do that sort of thing with my mates. However I kept nagging her about going up the Amex and eventually she let me. Despite being nervous before she said afterwards that it was lovely, much more comfortable than she expected and would definitely do it again AND recommend it to all her friends!

She never let me near the Withdean though. I did say that although it looked small and tight it was amazing what you could fit into it, but she wasn't having it at all.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As I've said on here before, taking a lady up the Amex for the first time is not something you do lightly. She's bound to feel nervous trying something new, and could feel uncomfortable with that many people watching.

I tried to talk to my wife into letting me take her up the Amex for ages but for some reason she just wouldn't let me. She said its not really her thing and she’s happy to just let me do that sort of thing with my mates. However I kept nagging her about going up the Amex and eventually she let me. Despite being nervous before she said afterwards that it was lovely, much more comfortable than she expected and would definitely do it again AND recommend it to all her friends!

She never let me near the Withdean though. I did say that although it looked small and tight it was amazing what you could fit into it, but she wasn't having it at all.

At least she didn't demand you took 'er up The Palace though. Every cloud... :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here