Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take my girlfriend up the Amex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I took her to Southampton away last year, I was quite unwell but holding it together - just. When we scored I kicked her beer flying, it did almost a full circle before it came crashing down at her feet.

You must've been ill, we didn't score at St Mary's last year!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I took my ex to her first game at the Den last time we played them away in the league, no hassle at all, few drinks near London Bridge, straight out the Station into the ground. It's a bit ropey but you're so well protected from the home fans. Although the lads in front of us were going on about how last time 'wall fans were chucking bricks over those massive 3m fences that seperate home and away.

Awful boring match though, think it ended 1 all or nil nil. We had a curry in Greenwich afterwards.

The next week I took her to a movie about the slaughtering of Dolphins in Taiji (SP?) in Japan thinking it was mockumentary about the Dolphin entertainment industry (read a review by some joker). She's vegetarian and cried the whole way through. Dopy cow.
:

:lolol:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Before you go bear in mind how expensive it could turn out to be.

Took my wife up the AMEX for the first time on Saturday, she loved it and wants more. Now my £40 of solo pleasure (albeit shared with a few other people watching) is going to turn into an £80 joint experience.

In all seriousness it wasn't our first such experience I did take her up the Priestfield once but she hadn't been to impressed with that. A bit limp in fact.

Good point about a few other people watching. I thought my white seat was one part of a beautifully drawn seagull. It is in fact clearly one step on the slippery slope of turning the amex into a yoghurt factory. "You only sing when you're dogging….."

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Was nearly 2 years ago the last time we scored at St Mary's (November 09). We drew 0-0 there last year and/or season! Time flies when you are having fun on Gus Tours!!

Yeah I slipped up there. It was a little while ago now so it took a LOT of convincing to come to another one :lolol:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If you do take her up the Amex I'm sure she'll appreciate the padded seats.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Before you go bear in mind how expensive it could turn out to be.

Took my wife up the AMEX for the first time on Saturday, she loved it and wants more. Now my £40 of solo pleasure (albeit shared with a few other people watching) is going to turn into an £80 joint experience.

In all seriousness it wasn't our first such experience I did take her up the Priestfield once but she hadn't been to impressed with that. A bit limp in fact.

Well, it's not hard. After all, no one wants to hang around in Priestfield very long

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Entrance is a little tight but i would recommend the west upper. Pop your card in the slot to enter, then simply work your way up and up that staircase, then it opens out nicely to that sweaty hot concourse awash with bittery fluid from the harveys pump.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I'd go to a millwall game if I was you and check out the new den.

*coat*

getmecoat.gif

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
did we score at Southampton last year?

Loops just seen posts above. I am very poorly you know

Send on my iPad whilst in bed....moaning

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
did we score at Southampton last year?

Loops just seen posts above. I am very poorly you know

Send on my iPad whilst in bed....moaning

Watching Sky Sports News waiting for news that Messi has joined us ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Watching Sky Sports News waiting for news that Messi has joined us ?

Not thought of that...just watched last episode of the green wing series one. Brilliant seekers.

But I am tapping sky news now

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Was thinking of getting tickets for my girlfriend so I can take her up the Amex.

Never taken her to football but thought that if im going to then this is the place to do it.

Anyone taken there other half there for her first football experience?

Can i watch?:thumbsup:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
+++Sinead O Connor to thread +++++ Sinead O Connor to thread ++++ Sinead O Connor to thread ++++

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Many years ago my ex wife was constantly nagging me to take her to a match so that she could see what it was all about. I took her to the Goldstone to watch an inevitable nil nil score bore against Oldham in the freezing cold. Never again...........thank god, and I have continued to enjoy my Saturdays with the lads since!

My advice, if your women is not that interested do not encourage her. Saturday is for the lads IMO. That said there are some great female supporters who know far more about the game than me. Fortunately none of them are mine.:smile:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you're attempting to enjoy a little fun together and broaden your missus's horizons a tad, then surely it would be more appropriate- given its status as a complete shithole- to take her up the Fratton?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or the Selhurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here