Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take my girlfriend up the Amex

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Was thinking of getting tickets for my girlfriend so I can take her up the Amex.

Never taken her to football but thought that if im going to then this is the place to do it.

Anyone taken there other half there for her first football experience?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...thought that if im going to then this is the place to do it.

Finishing off up there would be the climax of any first time experience.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
She may be a little hesitant or tense at first but once she relaxes and gets used to the lovely flowing movement then I'm sure that she'd want more and would not want to be taken anywhere else.

(etc etc)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Normally you have to pay a woman to do that mind you now I know why Ernest offered to take me up the Amex

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
:needpics: Taking her up the Amex you say?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Took mine to the Blackpool game. 4 goals, great football, shed loads of beer and pies but she still doesn't 'get it'. :lolol: I thought I'd got away fairly unscathed when the poor lass had to deal with Danny Seagull shouting 'Oi Rich let me have a go on that!' which went down like a led Zeppelin I can tell you.

It was a miracle I'd got her to a game at all after the disaster it became last time.

I took her to Southampton away last year, I was quite unwell but holding it together - just. When we scored I kicked her beer flying, it did almost a full circle before it came crashing down at her feet. She was wearing boots at the time and the pint landed in such a way as to one of them up to the brim with larger! Not good. Then I promptly collapsed, threw up everywhere and came around with two drips and in the care of St Johns Ambulance.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Took mine to the Blackpool game. 4 goals, great football, shed loads of beer and pies but she still doesn't 'get it'. :lolol: I thought I'd got away fairly unscathed when the poor lass had to deal with Danny Seagull shouting 'Oi Rich let me have a go on that!' which went down like a led Zeppelin I can tell you.

It was a miracle I'd got her to a game at all after the disaster it became last time.

I took her to Southampton away last year, I was quite unwell but holding it together - just. When we scored I kicked her beer flying, it did almost a full circle before it came crashing down at her feet. She was wearing boots at the time and the pint landed in such a way as to one of them up to the brim with larger! Not good. Then I promptly collapsed, threw up everywhere and came around with two drips and in the care of St Johns Ambulance.

Had to laugh though, So is my seat now soiled in perfume and make up :(

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Tell her the entrance is quite small and tight but that once you get inside it will feel all warm and cosy.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
On another note, make sure you pay for everything as wel. lIf she likes it up the amex I'm guessing she's the sort of girl who likes her man to splash out on her.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Took mine to Withdean a few years ago for a rubbish game v Bradford, freezing cold and it started to rain... she pretended to be ill and left at half time! Never asked to come again.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You taking her up the corporate box?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd go to a millwall game if I was you and check out the new den.

*coat*

I took my ex to her first game at the Den last time we played them away in the league, no hassle at all, few drinks near London Bridge, straight out the Station into the ground. It's a bit ropey but you're so well protected from the home fans. Although the lads in front of us were going on about how last time 'wall fans were chucking bricks over those massive 3m fences that seperate home and away.

Awful boring match though, think it ended 1 all or nil nil. We had a curry in Greenwich afterwards.

The next week I took her to a movie about the slaughtering of Dolphins in Taiji (SP?) in Japan thinking it was mockumentary about the Dolphin entertainment industry (read a review by some joker). She's vegetarian and cried the whole way through. Dopy cow.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I took her to Southampton away last year, I was quite unwell but holding it together - just.

Was nearly 2 years ago the last time we scored at St Mary's (November 09). We drew 0-0 there last year and/or season! Time flies when you are having fun on Gus Tours!!

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Before you go bear in mind how expensive it could turn out to be.

Took my wife up the AMEX for the first time on Saturday, she loved it and wants more. Now my £40 of solo pleasure (albeit shared with a few other people watching) is going to turn into an £80 joint experience.

In all seriousness it wasn't our first such experience I did take her up the Priestfield once but she hadn't been to impressed with that. A bit limp in fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here