Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
137ao. England win their 4th match in a row.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Brutally efficient.

Just as Sri Lanka started to get close - 129-5 with around 20 balls to get 35 to win - we take 5 wickets for 8 runs.

Looking a real team here, only risk is leaking too soon and not being able to keep this up…

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
PEAKING too soon, FFS!!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Thank god captain Morgan finally found some form with the bat. He’s been a fantastic captain thus far but he was pony in the IPL leading up to this World Cup. Jos has been superb and remember we’re missing Ben and Joffra… we are simply the best white ball team in the world! I love cricket ��

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Any news on Mills’ injury? Would be a big loss I think. Wood has same gas, but not the same subtlety. Poor Mills just can’t stay fit.

Mills does seem expensive in his economy rate, great at knocking over the tail. I think Wood might of got a recall either way. Curran hasn't had a game yet he constantly bowls well in T20 / The Hundred.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Big game coming up now – India can't afford to lose, or their already-slender hopes of qualifying are over. For Afghanistan, a win would be a truly epic achievement.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as this is all good fun, why is it being played in the UAE?

And listening to the MC in the ground is proper cringe - "SHOUT OUT FOR YOUR FAVOURITE TEAM!!" to a crowd of about 150.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Big game coming up now – India can't afford to lose, or their already-slender hopes of qualifying are over. For Afghanistan, a win would be a truly epic achievement.

Well, think we can safely say India are going to win this. 210-2.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Even if India win it, Afghanistan can still do them a whole lot of damage by putting up a good chase. India need to win and win BIG because they've lost their first 2 matches. Afghanistant currently have a big run rate advantage that India need to put a big dent in, in case they end level on points.

Jul 20, 2003
Even if India win it, Afghanistan can still do them a whole lot of damage by putting up a good chase. India need to win and win BIG because they've lost their first 2 matches. Afghanistant currently have a big run rate advantage that India need to put a big dent in, in case they end level on points.

Can't work out the score for this but I'm guessing 140ish would be very handy.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Can't work out the score for this but I'm guessing 140ish would be very handy.

Think India's doing enough at the moment to bring Afg back in the run rate stakes. Still going to be interesting to see who ends up being the second semi finalist from that group. India will remain firmly on the backfoot. They can only score a max of 6 points, and because NZ and Afg still have to play each other one of those teams will also make a minimum of 6 points. NZ also has Namibia. For India to get through they need:

- NZ to lose against either Nam or Afg (to finish on 6 points)
- Win all of their remaining matches to also finish on 6 points
- Have a superior run rate.

The positives for India is that after today they only have Nam and Scot to play, so should be able to boost their run rate. But it is very much advantage NZ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here