Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This Sri Lanka side are a shadow of previous outfits, they had to pre-qualify to make this stage and their recent record is absolutely woeful.

Batting first in this tournament has been almost impossible - virtually no team has won doing so. Still a chance of a competitive total.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Buttler is running away with it now. Again.

This is a tough pitch, and I think we have enough already.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That would be the former T20 world cup winners Sri Lanka, who also have a better win % in the competition than Australia (and England).

On the subject of that win over Australia though, I'll leave a link to this article here:
https://www.kingcricket.co.uk/the-r...paign=newsletter-post-title-or-king-cricket_2

Because you can never laugh too much at Australia losing.

2 things.
King Cricket is excellent, emails are very good and he does a good podcast Ridiculous Ashes with an Aussie cricket fan
Secondly that Cricinfo story about Yorkshire is genuinely incredible
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...eem-rafiq-being-called-p-i-was-banter-1286449

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jos Buttler 101* (67 balls, 6 fours, 6 sixes) :clap2:

England 163-4 (20 overs)

116 in the last 10 has made it a decent target.

Jul 20, 2003
His average in the tournament before this little knock was 113.

Holy moly

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
2 things.
King Cricket is excellent, emails are very good and he does a good podcast Ridiculous Ashes with an Aussie cricket fan
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...eem-rafiq-being-called-p-i-was-banter-1286449

I pay some extremely small amount every month towards King Cricket, it's definitely worth it.

Christ :facepalm: I only read the headline of that article earlier. Considering the fuss trying to get it released at all I assume even YCCC think it's utter crap.

As far as the game's concerned, we should have more than enough on this ground and pitch.

Edit: Sam Curran sounds like he's being strangled from the inside.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From the BBC

Posted at 11:5411:54
Post update
England assistant coach Paul Collingwood: "If you look at the score after 10 overs we were in little bit of trouble. The guys were relaying to the dressing room that 110 might have been a good total so to get up to 160 we are delighted.

"There is a bit of dew around. We will have to bowl as well as we have in the last few games.

"It was a special innings."

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Buttler the first man to score a hundred in all three international formats for England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shocking dropped catch by Woakes

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2 things.

Just read the story for the first time, so calling him p*k* and making all number of sterotypic comments is banter, but he says Zimbo from Zambo, and THAT is racism, and he would have been punished?!

Yorkshire eh?

I wonder is the crux of this is because the perpetrator is a senior player at Yorkshire, and they need to protect that person?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Getting tense. 41 off 23 balls required for Sri Lanka, the inexperienced Livingstone bowling his last over before Ali then Jordan then Ali.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here