Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Not sure why Hafeez decided not to go for the second run at the end there (unless rhey've changed the rules on a tie to take account of wickets lost, which would be a stupid idea anyway). Didn't Morgan cold shoulder Malan for about 6months for doing that even though he'd scored a hundred in a win?

Jul 20, 2003
Hopefully won't have Warner polluting my TV for long in the reply.

Unless he takes over 30 balls to get into double figures and then gets out in a stupid run out, something like that would be fine.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Great innings from the dangerous Fakhar :clap2:

55 from 32 balls, 3 fours and 4 sixes

Could make all the difference.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure why Hafeez decided not to go for the second run at the end there (unless rhey've changed the rules on a tie to take account of wickets lost, which would be a stupid idea anyway). Didn't Morgan cold shoulder Malan for about 6months for doing that even though he'd scored a hundred in a win?

In the event of a tie then it's super overs until there's a winner.

Personally, if a team reaches the final ball of an innings it should with end with a dismissal or a boundary, just keep running until you're run-out, make the opposition run you out.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
In the event of a tie then it's super overs until there's a winner.

Oh good. Probably. Can't think of a better alternative.

Personally, if a team reaches the final ball of an innings it should with end with a dismissal or a boundary, just keep running until you're run-out, make the opposition run you out.

That's not a personal opinion, it's one of the basics of the game (as said before, unless the playing conditions place a value on wickets lost for some reason). It's the inverse of how the fielding team shouldn't throw down the stumps willy nilly at the end of the innings, because you're more likely to give away overthrows than save one run (a lesson the u14s team I played in learnt the hard way, I once stood at deep cover watching while the opposition ran about 3 separate overthrows of a single ball, and the coach shouted at people to stop throwing the ball :lolol:).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hopefully won't have Warner polluting my TV for long in the reply.

Unless he takes over 30 balls to get into double figures and then gets out in a stupid run out, something like that would be fine.

Think you’ve jinxed this one so far!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is this the same Australia that we thrashed? Incredible really.

I went to that game, and we absolutely slaughtered the Aussies. Humiliated them. Said at the time that England risked peaking too soon…

But there goes Warner, so Pakistan coming back into this!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
22 off 12.

Very similar as yesterday, however Aussies can't afford a wicket really. Would argue Pakistan have better bowling option for this over as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here