Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Tactic to bowl short too often is too obvious. The ‘secret’ signals from the back room staff cannot be helping things, let the players adjust to the match situation.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jordan plays the role of Stuart Pearce, Woakes playing Chris Waddle.

History repeating itself. Put this down in the annals of great English chokes.

Hopefully it will be a NZ vz Aus final and the Kiwis will win in dramatic fashion.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Well played New Zealand. England got it horribly wrong at the depth. No plan B and woefully failed to execute a plan A.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Big finish

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-10-21 at 05.33 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 11-10-21 at 05.33 PM.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 86

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, if they were going to lose, thems the team to lose to. Hope the Kiwis win it now.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
166 should have been enough, well ahead with 4 or 5 overs to go, shocking death bowling at the end.

Disagree - they were never well ahead. NZ kept it within 2-3 big hits all the way through. Sure they lost a couple wickets when the time came, but they had plenty in hand and were well within range to snatch the win.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same old England at sport.

Rugby World Cup Final , Euro Final , T20 semi final - lost , lost , lost :(:(:(

And yet in those tournaments we've beat the All Blacks, Germany, Australia, i.e. the ultimate challenge at rugby, football and cricket.

I just had a feeling at the beginning of the tournament we'd peaked too soon.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I watched the last 30 mins. Don't usually watch cricket but if it's that easy to whack sixes around then why does it normally take 5 days to finish a game?!!!

The 5 (or 4) day game is proper cricket whereas the T20 is just a slog designed for TV and those that can’t concentrate for more than a few hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here