Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Game over as soon as Phillips was gone. He was their last hope.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
These games are a lottery. A game of dropped catches. Pleased England are winning of course, but not totally convinced they can win this competition. Kane W. should have a word with himself - striking at a run a ball when the team need 8 an over.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
CJ on as sub - great catch! :clap2:

Fantastic over from Woakes

48 from 18 balls
Do you know who he came on for? I wondered if it was tactical use of the 12th man? You want Jordan's hands on that long boundary. Two great catches for our Surrey man.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hopefully Rashid Khan is fit for Afghanistan against Australia, can’t see them winning, but he’ll certainly help us with the NRR.

We’ll at least have the advantage of knowing exactly what’s needed as playing last.

Great win today :clap2:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Aussies will need a *big* win against Afghanistan now. That, or an upset in one of the other games. But looking at the fixtures remaining, I'd bet on all three of the teams on 5 points winning and the semi finalists being decided by how big a win each of the teams manages.

Eyes on Group 2 tomorrow, looking for if any more upsets happen. With SA beating India the group looks interesting. Zimbabwe have Netherlands next and thus a good chance to move to 6 points. Bangladesh vs India and Pakistan vs South Africa. Bet on India coming out looking to immediately react to their loss to SA. And while Pakistan have been struggling, they still have the capability to put the brakes on SA sealing a semi spot early.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could be an interesting one bubbling up at the moment.

India scored a formidable-looking 184, but Bangladesh have started off quickly with 30 off three overs.

(Fully appreciate they'll now be skittled out for under 100 now I've written this)

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Could be an interesting one bubbling up at the moment.

India scored a formidable-looking 184, but Bangladesh have started off quickly with 30 off three overs.

(Fully appreciate they'll now be skittled out for under 100 now I've written this)
Zimbabwe lost to Netherlands this morning, so I think their chances of progressing are now done.

Meanwhile, as you say, Bangladesh openers are currently putting the frighteners on India. Litton Das with a 50 off just 21 balls. He's now on 56 from 24 balls, with Bangladesh on 59/0 from 5.5 overs. The chase is on (until Das gets out).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Innings of the highest quality going on right now by Litton Das. Absolutely outrageous batting.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Interesting on the BBC commentary currently. Bangladesh wanted to chase because they knew the rain would come and making a quick start to the chase might give them a win. Whereas India wanted to bat first and didn't seem to be concerned about the rain.

If the rain passes and the game can restart, a lot will depend on how many overs are lost, the DLS target, and how well Das restarts his innings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here