A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yet another big innings in a big game from Stokes, may not be his best format but he stood up when needed tonight, played it smart

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bullet dodged, don't care if we we win going forward, Convicts are knocked out, wonder what their ongoing TV coverage will say? :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't advance Australia, fair cough.
You can count on them supporting anyone but England from now. I remember the 1992 WC Final at the MCG against Pakistan, plenty of Pommie bashing and sour grapes

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We really put a marker down there, we limp on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can count on them supporting anyone but England from now. I remember the 1992 WC Final at the MCG against Pakistan, plenty of Pommie bashing and sour grapes
I doubt we’ll notice, there’s only 50 or so Australians who bothered to turn up by the looks of the (empty) stadiums.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If it's winners v runners up then the semis look like India v Englerland and NZ v Pakistan.

Who'd have thought it?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well, the Indian wheels have certainly come off.

Good for Engerland, would prefer to play Pakistan I'm sure.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Wow, didn't expect that today. India with a big win to top the group. Expected. Pakistan beat Bangladesh to put a small bit of must-win pressure on SAf. SAf fold vs Netherlands and go out!

Pakistan progress after looking dire early on in the tournament.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Sunday's win over South Africa is massive for Dutch cricket. Automatic qualification for the world cup in 2024 and of course, the fact it was South Africa.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sunday's win over South Africa is massive for Dutch cricket. Automatic qualification for the world cup in 2024 and of course, the fact it was South Africa.
Is it true cricket in the Netherlands is a very upper class sport

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Is it true cricket in the Netherlands is a very upper class sport
Massively. It's either played by people with commonwealth roots or upper-class people.

The level of competition here is actually quite high, with all the teams in the Topklasse having overseas players in their teams. For example, the team I play for usually have around 1/2 South Africans and 2/3 Pakistanis a season coming to play for us that play in their respective top-level national competitions. Most clubs have 'sponsors' who have been involved in the club who fund this. Not to mention that there are 5 certified grounds suitable for international cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here