Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not surprised by the result at all, bloody glad to be out of the COC.

Positives: 90 minutes for Vicente and Bridge. That's it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So what have we learnt tonight?

We should have taken Cardiff's money for Noone, he is not upto the championship consistantly.
Harley and Dicker are not good enough.
We don't win games when Vicente starts(however great he is),
All the possession in the world doesn't score you goals.
Playing one striker does not work, Barnes is not all that,
Cms is still the best striker at the club,
If we keep Bridge and Bruno fit we have got two great players.
El Abd should always start over Dunk everytime.

So nothing most of us didn't know already then,
You should write that on a postcard and send it to the club

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

We should have taken Cardiff's money for Noone, he is not upto the championship consistantly.

Barnes has been an embarrassment alongside Vicente.

V is putting the ball into places he expects Barnes to go, but Barnes isn't aware enough to get into the positions he should be in!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Agree with this but it means we haven't solved the problems of last season and, although this was clearly treated like a pre-season game by Gus, there is cause for concern

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
BUT look at our results after we were dumped out of both cups last season

I'm sorry, but getting knobbed by a team that was in L2 last season isn't exactly a confidence boost when we are playing away at a team tipped for the playoffs this season on Saturday!!!

Am I the only one that is hurt, not by the result, but for the whole "couldn't give a shit" attitude shown by the team tonight?? Had we won tonight, it would have put confidence into the team (and us) for Saturday. Now I'm shitting myself, looking at the fixture list for the next month after watching tonight is like looking at a f***ing suicide note right about now :(

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
*shrug* It happens, that's football.

I want us to win every game but if you expect no slip ups then you'll never be happy...

On the plus side, Toby has looked good since he came on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Little argument from me on this one. I still think Harley is better than we have seen, and the same goes for Dicker, who was injured last season and didn't play well on his return.

I hate losing to Swindon but can't help feeling this game was always well down the list of priorities.

Dec 29, 2011
DBL said:
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football & relegation form for most of 2012. SMELL THE COFFEE. Hull will maul us on Saturday

Well that's just not true. This proves you're either a JCL, Palarse fan, or just a complete idiot. I suspect it's two of the three.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
BUT look at our results after we were dumped out of both cups last season

I'm sorry, but getting knobbed by a team that was in L2 last season isn't exactly a confidence boost when we are playing away at a team tipped for the playoffs this season on Saturday!!!

Am I the only one that is hurt, not by the result, but for the whole "couldn't give a shit" attitude shown by the team tonight?? Had we won tonight, it would have put confidence into the team (and us) for Saturday. Now I'm shitting myself, looking at the fixture list for the next month after watching tonight is like looking at a f***ing suicide note right about now :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here