Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
No CMS,Buckley, Lua Lua,Crofts or El Abd. Wayne bridge getting fit, Calderon in midfield, Vicente up front, this is our final pre season match I dont think that Gus and the players give a rats arse. let the swindon monkeys and Di canio have there day.

It's not a pre season match though is it?? It's a lucrative Cup competition shown on primetime TV, that can generate serious funds when you get to the 3rd round. If the players and the management don't give a toss about games like this, more fool them.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Call me Mr Brightside but at least we can focus on the league for the next 4 months now. Let's not forget it was the League Cup that f***ed our season last year.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Stopped watching now, total joke of a performance. Gus really must pull something out of the bag on Saturday now - this seriously is not good enough....

.....Or an amazing plan into lure Hull into a false sense of security, and then smash them - i cant decide.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
To be honest although suprised by the result I don't really care it's the carling cup or what ever it's going by nowa days if the same happens at the weekend then I'll be suprised but vicente is defo not the awnser to the striker problem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we have to bear in mind that el abd, cms, buckley and kll are missing from this....would any or all of the above have changed this?

Yes.
crofts

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No CMS,Buckley, Lua Lua,Crofts or El Abd. Wayne bridge getting fit, Calderon in midfield, Vicente up front, this is our final pre season match I dont think that Gus and the players give a rats arse. let the swindon monkeys and Di canio have there day.

This. With knobs on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's not a pre season match though is it?? It's a lucrative Cup competition shown on primetime TV, that can generate serious funds when you get to the 3rd round. If the players and the management don't give a toss about games like this, more fool them.

BUT look at our results after we were dumped out of both cups last season

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We have to bear in mind that El Abd, CMS, Buckley and KLL are missing from this....would any or all of the above have changed this?

Yes.

And Crofts

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Your the prick. Been given more money than any other manager, worst away record in the league last year bar Coventry, utterly clueless when it comes to attackers, only knows how to play one type of football. Bring back Lloyd, Coppell, Slade, Mc Ghee - at least they know how to play attacking football & relegation form for most of 2012. SMELL THE COFFEE. Hull will maul us on Saturday

Actually he hasn't but carry on being a complete twat !

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So what have we learnt tonight?

We should have taken Cardiff's money for Noone, he is not upto the championship consistantly.
Harley and Dicker are not good enough.
We don't win games when Vicente starts(however great he is),
All the possession in the world doesn't score you goals.
Playing one striker does not work, Barnes is not all that,
Cms is still the best striker at the club,
If we keep Bridge and Bruno fit we have got two great players.
El Abd should always start over Dunk everytime.

So nothing most of us didn't know already then,

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Indeed, we probably made a couple of million last season from the League Cup although getting to the semi-final was the main reason for that.

Nobody plays a pre-season match on a Tuesday before the season starts so this is the real McCoy but will probably wake Brighton up for Saturday, unfortunately!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Double scuff first goal and huge deflection for the third, if we had scored in the first half it would have been a comfortable win, oh well, season starts in 7 days anyway

hope it starts in 4 days or I am going all the way to Hull for nothing!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Swindon have looked very tidy, and I don't think we've made them look good, maybe just allowed them too much space where it mattered. Di Canio's done a Gus on us

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not quite a disaster, maybe a bit embarrasing but also now is a good time to get any hiccups out of the way. I think it will be a good test of Gus's willingness to learn and adapt.

Hull might fancy their chances now and a draw will be a good result on Saturday. Most importantly a solid defensive performance would be handy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here