Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I just love it how everyone gets all pissy about the game then after everyones like ehh its a good thing I suppose :)

Guilty of that, but watching it was brain numbing! A kick up the arse is no bad thing, they probably thought they were world beaters after turning over Chelsea in a freindly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Harley is better than that don't you think it's time we f***ing saw it? I haven't!
Oh I agree. He needs to put a shift in, for sure. He does show a few classy touches from time to time that suggest he is better than we are seeing. A bit like CKR in that respect.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Whichever way you look at it it was a poor start to the season. Same problems as last season. We have not won away since February and cant score goals if we play no potent forwards. We all know it, Gus knows it, but we've done nothing about it. A strong forward has to be a priority, not another full back or centre half, it has to be a forward. Our failings are not that we're a bad side, it that we cant score goals. Goals win matches and we have to have a striker who can find the net. I bet Navarro is having a chuckle ?? A good pro and two good finishes tonight. Pleased for him, but sorry for us !! We looked impotent !

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Could've been better, of course, but let's not shit our pants. We wouldn't often lose to Swindon and we wouldn't often beat Chelsea. Do have to toughen up a bit and seemingly get that frontman in rather quickly, but the return of CMS on Saturday will add a threat to a slightly puny frontline. I think Crofts will make a big difference too, sometimes looking to motor straight through the middle, picking up lay-offs, pulling defenders out of position.
I haven't had my excitement for the season quelled by this blip.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Has he learnt f*** all, from his FIRST season in charge at the second highest level of our game???

Worth noting that last season was our highest league finish for 20 years, whereas you're making it sound like we were bottom of the East Sussex Sunday League Division 7.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
First time I've seen Gus so subdued with hardly any reaction to decisions etc almost as if he's trying to say 'trust me' the wins will come.

Especially when he's sitting next to Di Cannio

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
Only person I am pleased for is Navarro. He deserved that. Still don't understand why we released him given his form in the final few months.

Agreed^ but the thing is will he be better than crofts it remains to be seen. But El-Abd to start every game from here on out and noone should be benched for the hull game, Vicente should stick to being a winger or center midfielder but, Bruno and bridge are amazing bridge was just lacking match fitness that's all I can make of it

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Oh I agree. He needs to put a shift in, for sure. He does show a few classy touches from time to time that suggest he is better than we are seeing. A bit like CKR in that respect.

I would imagine he's had his chance and pissed it away now. No bad thing, we've got better.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, it was a poor performance but it it was ONE match !

Unfortunately there's too many fuckwits supporting nowadays that want instant success. The league is what is important anyway so lets get behind the team and Gus. Obviously if you want instant success then you might want to f*** off to a Premiership team !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I know you don't want to be knee jerk Simster, but Harley show a few classy touches ? When was that ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Worth noting that last season was our highest league finish for 20 years, whereas you're making it sound like we were bottom of the East Sussex Sunday League Division 7.

It was also the first time in twenty years we have had an average crowd of over 10.000, as well as the highest budget at the club ever and how many millions spent on transfers. Make no mistake about it, any manager worth his salt would have got us mid table last season. It was not that fantastic an achivement given the tools he had to work with. This all to easily gets forgotten.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
And who ever says Poyet is a madman he's taken us from relegation candidates to premier league pushers in three years!! anyone who says Gus out is a plastic fan.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Well that was a load of shite, only surpassed by some of the shite some post on here! A crap performance in what was really a pre season game (I am aware it was the Carling/Rumbalows/CocaCola/Milk League Cup) but all the panic on here is laughable. Not upset we are out to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here