Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea: When Will Knight Go?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...clid=80&lid=5&title=Swans+in+dark+over+Knight

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins admits he has 'no idea' when out-of-favour striker Leon Knight will exit the Welsh outfit. Knight has not played for The Swans since October 6, with manager Kenny Jackett placing him on the transfer list in a bid to send him packing from the Liberty Stadium. Despite an impressive record of 20 goals in 37 appearances, the League One outfit have no desire to keep hold of the former Chelsea trainee amidst reports of behavioural issues.

So far Knight has turned down the chance to join Northampton and Peterborough, whilst Barnsley and Southend have ruled themselves out of the race with Shrimpers boss Steve Tilson voicing his concerns about Knight's attitude. With over a month still to go before the transfer window opens, and no loan deals arranged, Jenkins says he is currently clueless as to when the striker will eventually end his time in Swansea. "There have been a few clubs linked with Leon but I've no idea when he will actually leave," said Jenkins. "Of course, the ideal scenario would be to sell him in January but nothing has materialised so far so we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few weeks."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems he may have upset one manager too many and even with a very very impressive League 1 strike rate most managers have the same view of him as 98% of NSC ;)

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
no manager in his right mind will want him for a couple of goals but to bugger up the team morale

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wonder if he's realised that he could be the problem yet ?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Wonder if he's realised that he could be the problem yet ?

Probably only when he's working the security night shift at ASDA with plenty of time to reflect on things will he finally realise he shafted his own career. What an arse.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Get off Leon's back, if he had not been mismanaged by McGhee he would be the leading striker in the Championship now and we would not have been relegated last season.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
i think in his arrogant shit for brains head he really expects to be playing for a premiership side...what a dipstick...hes too arrogant to have any awareness of what he has bought on himself. i think Tilsons comments did influence other sides. someone may risk taking him but only if they are really struggling at foot of Div 2:lolol: enter macclesfield lol

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
bailey said:
Probably only when he's working the security night shift at ASDA with plenty of time to reflect on things will he finally realise he shafted his own career. What an arse.

He's a bit small for a security guard.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
El Presidente said:
Get off Leon's back, if he had not been mismanaged by McGhee he would be the leading striker in the Championship now and we would not have been relegated last season.

I hope that is sarcasm.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
bailey said:
But at least he will be able to share his sorrows with CKR on the same shift.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I can seriously see that bloke ending up in jail. With his attitude he is never gonna hold down a regular job. The boy is f***ed.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
El Presidente said:

I agree he would be the perfect role model for all the youngsters coming through!! The consumate Pro!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The good thing is that Jake Robinson has been almost as prolific as Leon since hes become a starting fixture, in fact when Leon scored at the same rate last season as Jake has recently there were certain parties on here screaming blue murder that we had let go the midget version of pele.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Perry Milkins said:
But at least he will be able to share his sorrows with CKR on the same shift.

think you'll find CKR scored and got MOM last week.

why is it people on here think any player who leaves brighton is a wanker/****/tosser etc............

it gets boring.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
bristolseagull said:
think you'll find CKR scored and got MOM last week.

why is it people on here think any player who leaves brighton is a wanker/****/tosser etc............

it gets boring.

Its not the fact that they left its the derogatory comments made afterwards.

I cannot recall any vitriolic rhetoric about Zamora or Virgo. Harding maybe but I think a lot of anger was a manifestation of the way he handled the contract talk.

Did he get MoM?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here