Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea: When Will Knight Go?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
DAMANCLAY said:
Thats not the point, Lots of players were too good to play for us (Knight, Currie, Zamora, CKR, Virgo, Cullip et al) it is how they conduct them selves after they leave.

And he clearly did mean disrespect, Otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

Well, ok.

i disagree though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bristolseagull said:
Well, ok.

i disagree though.

You must enjoy being insulted, mind you I just wonder what this little charmer will have to say when he leaves Swansea.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Not really- i dont think CKR insulted anyone, he was poorly managed by MM, and moved on to better things, he's 'crime' is saying he was too good to play for us- a statement i agree with. That is all.

LK situation is v different- he catagorically slagged us all off.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bristolseagull said:
Not really- i dont think CKR insulted anyone, he was poorly managed by MM, and moved on to better things, he's 'crime' is saying he was too good to play for us- a statement i agree with. That is all.

LK situation is v different- he catagorically slagged us all off.

You may lay the blame at MM's door over CKR but even Warnock said he had an attitude problem that needed sorting out.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So just who would Leon Knight have to fall out with next in order for some people finally to realise that he's an irredeemable ****? Gary Lineker? Julie Andrews?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
reminds me of what someone said about

Lee Bowyer/Alan Smith/Anyone in the Leeds 1970s side/ the legend that was Mark Dennis

He could start an argument in an empty room.

I take on board what people are saying about MM and LK but if LK has had problems absolutely everywhere he goes it does rather point to him being the problem rather than the victim.

Whatever happened to Mark Dennis anyway?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buzzer said:

Whatever happened to Mark Dennis anyway?

He was on the coaching staff at Eastleigh until very recently I think, where the Saints connections included Francis Benali, Jason Dodd, Mark Blake and Jeff Kenna's brother!

bristolseagull said:
I think your missing the point he WAS too good, as he has now proved

What? By scoring one goal and having a host of sub appearances for a team favourites to be relegated? You're very easily pleased.

He will be a Championship level player next season, that truthfully is his level until he learns to harness his undoubted talent for the good of the entire team across 90 minutes.

To a degree, what he said was factually correct, he is too good for us because he is a Championship level player and we are a League 1 team.

But so were Virgo, Currie, Noel-Williams etc and yet you never heard them turn round afterwards and rub it in our faces - on the contrary, they all praised the Albion for contributing to their development as players. CKR's comments displayed an immaturity and an arrogance that dogged his year with us and stopped him reaching anywhere near his full potential, which meant Dick Knight couldn't wait to get rid of him even though he knew a management change was on the cards.

Also it's probably a fact that the likes of Joel Lynch and Dean Cox are now too good for a League 1 team.

But it's a good job for the Albion that they are not utter immature twats and realise that they have to put a bit more work in at the club that gave them their big chance before the time comes when they will inevitably have to move on. It's a very good job for us that not all our young players are like CKR and that Lynch and Cox were willing to sign extended contracts rather than get their agents to go on fishing expeditions to bigger clubs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here