Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex vs Hampshire, Arundel, LV County Championship

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
anyone listening to the commentary on the BBC site? Sounds like someone's left the microphone on in the press tent. A lot of banter I suspect they'd rather wasn't being broadcast!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got back from Arundel and saw three fantastic sessions, Murray getting us to 400 with ease, then wickets a piece for all the bowlers.

I cannot believe I lost some faith with them, the team are up and Lewry and Collymore looked very good.

Crawley looked the big threat but I see Raynor has got him out.

Hampshire 312 behind with 5 wickets left and 162 behind the follow on.

The crowd was the biggest I had seen at Arundel for a county game, I hope the weather holds Friday could be another great game and the Gales Butser was bloody lovely.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
anyone listening to the commentary on the BBC site? Sounds like someone's left the microphone on in the press tent. A lot of banter I suspect they'd rather wasn't being broadcast!

I love listening to the off air chatter, currently Leesey is talking about not having another because he wil be over the limit for driving and looking up imfo about RMJ for a lady who is asking him questions about RMJ's wife, I am sure he said she is called Flora!

I think they keep the line open as its too complex to connect and disconect the line.

Leesey is saying off line it is not raining and the light is good enough to play so someone tell the umpires.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
What a performance from the champions, who would ever start a thread about relagation :cry:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There was nowhere near as many people there today as yesterday. If today was the biggest Arundel crowd you've seen, yesterday would have left you speechless!

Would like to have seen that, the one day games are always packed may have been pushing towards that, probbaly more than and average day at Hove.

Weather looking good for Friday, looking forward to see who gets the upper hand.

Didn't get there until about 4 but did anyone else spot former Palarse manager Alan Smith in the crowd? I think he runs a Sports Agency now (with Alec Stewart?) and represents some of the Sussex players.
Plenty of gossip about Michael Thornley being followed around by a woman from either the HSBC or UBS hospitality tents today; she apparently followed him into the Sussex dressing room eventually and then in walked Robbo! Pics anyone?
Overheard Trout talking to a couple of Hants committee members about the new ECB 20:20 competition - general view seemed to be that interest in 20:20 may have peaked.
I thought Raynor bowled well but the Greek looked in good nick (no pun intended) late on. Shame they had to come off at 6:35 as the light was good and sun out - cricket really needs to have another look at added time for LVCC matches when the weather causes delay.
For those familiar with the Eaton Road Pavillion regulars, Brenda from Kemp Town was in good form and holding court on the mound under the trees just up from the members' marquee. Excellent scream from her when Raynor got Creepy out.
Enjoy it tomorrow if you're going - Horsham next week so I don't have to drive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here