Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Yorkshire (Arundel) Day One.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is interesting to note that this season Sussex have been very sucessful due in main to Mushy, Rana, the Rhodesian Bloke and now some Palestinian bloke

Its a shame we are not seeing the same from home grown players.

Bit like the Albion in a way

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dies Irae said:
It is interesting to note that this season Sussex have been very sucessful due in main to Mushy, Rana, the Rhodesian Bloke and now some Palestinian bloke

So the fact that Worthing-born Jason Lewry is near the top of the national averages hasn't registered with you yet, Dave?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yardy - Crucial
Kirtley - Getting back to his best
Lewry - Ace!
RMJ - Class act
Prior - Dodgy form of late..but class is permanent
Hoppo - Coming of age

Some good back up as well.

That is enough to keep me satisfied for now.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:

And most of your success depends on Darren Lehman, an Australian and Jason Gillepsie, an Australian. It's not Sussex's fault they have built a good relationship with Pakistan and are benfiting from it.

These players aren't mercenaries. They come to Sussex and feel at HOME.

Anyway, back to those crisis talks ....

Oh yeah and Kruis, Brophy and Lumb are all South African as they come.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gwylan said:
So the fact that Worthing-born Jason Lewry is near the top of the national averages hasn't registered with you yet, Dave?

that is excellent.....just as it should be

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
And most of your success depends on Darren Lehman, an Australian and Jason Gillepsie, an Australian. It's not Sussex's fault they have built a good relationship with Pakistan and are benfiting from it.

These players are mercenaries. They come to Sussex and feel at HOME.

Anyway, back to those crisis talks ....

"our" success came back in the early to middle part of the last century when Yorkshire cricket dominated the county and test arena.

Apart from 1 or two odd championships and cups, success has been very scarce.

The balance of power moved down south, Essex, Middlesex, Surrey and lately sussex, which I suppose can be said to mirror the way the country has gone economically wise.

BTW Although I have played cricket since I was 7 and my father played for Yorkshire 2's in his youth, I have no real interest in watching county cricket at all.( some company jollies are fun)...in fact the only cricket I tend to watch on telly was last years ashes, and the occasional south african game on Sky.

I played against Lewry a few times BTW

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
51/1

Am I right in thinking that Vaughan won't bat now, he's been off the field since yesterday afternoon....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seagull over NZ said:
If he has been off the field for a certain amount of time he can't come in before number 7 I believe.

Says on the beeb that's he'll miss a few games now so I can't believe he'll bat in this one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
McGrath gone for 58.

102/2

Lewry with his second. They are pretty much 3 down as I can't see Vaughan risking himself.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
On the BBC site it says Vaughan will miss the next C&G match for Yorkshire, so I would imagine he wont be able to bat today. He is now rated doubtful for the Pakistan series!

Mushy bowled yet this innings?

Yoda

English & European
Mr Blobby said:
On the BBC site it says Vaughan will miss the next C&G match for Yorkshire, so I would imagine he wont be able to bat today. He is now rated doubtful for the Pakistan series!

Mushy bowled yet this innings?

Mushtaq Ahmed 4 1 10 0 (1w)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here