Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Everest said:
Yorkshire chief executive Stewart Regan is to meet players and management next week to find out why the county has had such a poor start to the season.

'cos they're f***ing crap. Meeting cancelled.

:wave: The funniest thing on here for a while. Thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Sussex, good lead and go for the jugular tomorrow

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
30 more runs and we are in a great position.

In an ideal world, I reckon we should bat for an hour to 540+, then declare.

Then skittle them out for peanuts, natch.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
BarrelofFun said:
Where is Dave the Gaffer? Eh?

Disappeared from this thread....

:clap2:

Also where is Perry M ?? now that his two most slated players have done the business !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BarrelofFun said:
:clap2: :clap2:

I would be a bit miffed if I was a Yorkshire fan. They don't seem to invest their money very wisely.

Do you think Sussex would donate some balls and a scorebook for the REMF cricket?

I am still one of the old school who believes that you should be born in Yorkshire to play in Yorkshire. When you have these players who play for a year and then bugger off, you lose the momentum. Yorkshire always had the cushion of a tremendous coaching system with Don Mosey at Headingley and this has been gradually dismantled because of having to pay inflated sums for average players, and the fact that Headingly has not been looked after and test cricket has now dissapeared.

I have no idea if Sussex CCC will donate anything...you could try them and see what happens.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:
I am still one of the old school who believes that you should be born in Yorkshire to play in Yorkshire. When you have these players who play for a year and then bugger off, you lose the momentum. Yorkshire always had the cushion of a tremendous coaching system with Don Mosey at Headingley and this has been gradually dismantled because of having to pay inflated sums for average players, and the fact that Headingly has not been looked after and test cricket has now dissapeared.

I have no idea if Sussex CCC will donate anything...you could try them and see what happens.

Quite. I think continuity is very important and losing your best players to England doesn't help either.

We have been very lucky with our main overseas player, as Mushy has stuck around.

481/7 at the moment - Arafat 41*

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
499/7 and Arafat has his 50*

Nice one MATEY!!

Could be a decent little signing this, what with Lewry and Kirtey chipping in with wickets.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
500 up!!

Looks like the pitch is getting better and better, maybe bat through until lunch at least now and then start swinging the bat?
Or maybe they did that at 500, Kirtley gone.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Won't have a choice but to swing the bat at the fall of the next wicket, Mushy doesn't know how to defend!

:lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
550 all out.

Arafat run out for 86*
Lewry 0* from 21 balls!

Let's get amongst em.

COME ON SUSSEEEEEXXXXXXX

:clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports