Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v australia hove 24th june

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sussex team to play the convicts from tomorrow.

Sussex CCC today announced their team ahead of tomorrow’s eagerly anticipated match against Australia, which runs through until Saturday at The County Ground, Hove.

Over 20,000 tickets have already been sold for the four days and it promises to be one of the most well attended matches at Hove in the county’s history.

This is the first match of Australia’s 2009 Ashes tour and the national side have been training this week in the sunshine at Hove. They will be looking hard at their squad ahead of the first test match, which takes place at Cardiff between the 8th and 12th of July.

The forecast is excellent and although Friday is sold out, there are still tickets available for the Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Tickets can be purchased via the website (Sussex County Cricket Club ), on the gate or by calling 0844 2640202.

Mark Robinson, Professional Cricket Manager, said: “It’s an honour to play against any international side and especially one as revered as Australia. It’s a great opportunity for this Sussex team to play and put a marker down for the Club and themselves for the future.”

Ricky Ponting, Australia captain, said: “We believe that the conditions here are more like the Cardiff wicket than anywhere else in the country so it will be good to get used to the pace and the bounce. It will be a good opportunity for our bowlers to get used to English conditions and get used to the lines and lengths they have to bowl. We are playing 12 players in this game, but that doesn’t mean we will just be using it as practise. We will play the game to win, there’s no doubt about that. It will be four days of good quality cricket which I hope the fans enjoy watching as well.”

The Sussex squad is as follows; WAT Beer, RJ Hamilton-Brown, AJ Hodd, CD Hopkinson, EC Joyce, RJ Kirtley, RSC Martin-Jenkins, CD Nash, OP Rayner, PSE Sandri, LJ Wright and MH Yardy (c).

Be nice to see Peplar Sandri finally play a game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I saw this photo of our friends from the penal colony practicing today - anyone know what the strange bomb-like object is?

105201.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i will be there wednesday, thursday and saturday

does anybody know how strict they are likely to be on non members using a members ticket? i got them for all four days, but can now not go friday so may have to TOUT mine

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
i will be there wednesday, thursday and saturday

does anybody know how strict they are likely to be on non members using a members ticket? i got them for all four days, but can now not go friday so may have to TOUT mine

Find out tomorrow.

To be honest, I imagine they won't care - members are entitled to a ticket for the game, it doesn't state anywhere that it is for the use of that individual only.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I saw this photo of our friends from the penal colony practicing today - anyone know what the strange bomb-like object is?

There fun frisbee like objects. You just launch them around in the park trying to catch them. Nothing sophisticated I'm afraid.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Find out tomorrow.

To be honest, I imagine they won't care - members are entitled to a ticket for the game, it doesn't state anywhere that it is for the use of that individual only.

and friday is the only day COMPLETELY sold out

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sussex: Nash, Yardy (capt), Joyce, Hopkinson, Hamilton-Brown, Wright, Hodd, Martin-Jenkins, Rayner, Beer, Kirtley, Sandri.

Australia: Katich, Hughes, Ponting (capt), Clarke, Hussey, North, Haddin (wk), Hauritz, Lee, Siddle, Clark, Hilfenhaus.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
So we are leaving out anyone except Yardy who can bat, is this a ploy to deny the Aussies any bowling practice?? It was bad enough agreeing to play 12 a side so it's not a first class game, and now non of our big players are involved. All over by lunch on Friday then! 20,000 tickets sold to watch the reserves!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
There was a whole 2 minute report from the County Ground on the main ABC News at 7.pm
yesterday . Brighton gets more than its fair share of publicity , but it's the 1st time in over
27 years that I an recall Hove ever get a mention .
Weather looked pretty tasty too!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
There was a whole 2 minute report from the County Ground on the main ABC News at 7.pm
yesterday . Brighton gets more than its fair share of publicity , but it's the 1st time in over
27 years that I an recall Hove ever get a mention .
Weather looked pretty tasty too!

The weather is absolutely BELTING, I'm heading off for Hove in about 20 mins for a day of sun, beer and refinement... Could be the biggest crowd ever for a Sussex Seconds game!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
who won the toss if its already been done?

hope to get there for 4ish

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Convicts won the toss and elected to bat

Umpires: S J Malone, G Sharp
Sussex: Yardy (C), C Nash, Joyce, Hamilton-Brown, Hopkinson, L Wright, Hodd (W), Martin-Jenkins, Rayner, Kirtley, Beer, Sandri
Australia: Hughes, Katich, Ponting (C), M Hussey, M Clarke, North, Haddin (W), Lee, Siddle, Hauritz, Clark, Hilfenhaus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here