Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v australia hove 24th june

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Isn't it just that you are not allowed to bring any shant in with you - i.e you can still by the (overpriced) stuff in the ground?

*fills hipflask*

For the recent 20/20 games, Harveys best at £2.60/pint, that's cheaper than my local pub!

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Isn't it just that you are not allowed to bring any shant in with you - i.e you can still by the (overpriced) stuff in the ground?

*fills hipflask*

May I congratulate you on the use of the word "shant"! Haven't heard the expression for ages. Presumably you'll be going up to the jump to get them in?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
May I congratulate you on the use of the word "shant"! Haven't heard the expression for ages. Presumably you'll be going up to the jump to get them in?

Correct. I shall indeed be forced to purchase my sherberts from the kiddy behind the jump for the FPT SF.
I presume you'll be grabbing a "slab" from the "bottlo" and sticking it in the "esky"?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Correct. I shall indeed be forced to purchase my sherberts from the kiddy behind the jump for the FPT SF.
I presume you'll be grabbing a "slab" from the "bottlo" and sticking it in the "esky"?

You shut your cake hole, its as double dutch as Stanley

[yt]323kQis2zbM[/yt]

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Australia yet to name Sussex 12

21 June 2009

Nathan Bracken

Seamer Nathan Bracken could be in line to feature for Australia against Sussex

Buy this photo

Australia are still no closer to finalising their 12-man team for their opening tour match against Sussex, which starts in Hove on Wednesday.

If vice-captain Michael Clarke knew the make-up of the side, he was giving away very little today as the squad prepared to leave their London base to head to Brighton.

The decision to allow both sides to play 12 means Australia will be able to take five bowlers into the game.

Mitchell Johnson is considered a certainty but there will be nervous waits for the other six bowlers in the squad.

"I'm not sure what Ricky (Ponting) and the selectors have decided on the first practice game but we obviously have the advantage of playing 12 to give somebody else the opportunity," Clarke said.

"Whether we decide to play our Test 12 or 11 in Hove I have absolutely no idea."

Tour games on Australia's two most recent overseas Test campaigns have seen players play themselves in or out of sides.

In India, Jason Krejza was forced to wait an extra three Tests to make his debut after a horror game against an Indian Board President's XI where he was crunched for 199 runs at more than six an over.

A similarly expensive performance by Victorian leg-spinner Bryce McGain against South Africa's equivalent side in February saw his hopes of playing the first Test of that series evaporate.

Conversely, Western Australian batsman Marcus North booked a berth in the side with two unbeaten half-centuries and a six-wicket haul with his part-time spin.

The match, the side's first competitive game in more than a fortnight, also gives Australia a chance to break the regime of practice, buses and hotels.

"We're all a little bit sick of training," Clarke said. "I think that keenness and hunger will show on the field come three days time in Hove."

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Alcohol Policy 2009
Four 500ml cans of beer/lager or a 75cl bottle of wine. No further alcohol will be permitted on any subsequent re entry to the ground.

How do they manage that then? Mark your ticket?
Only allowed to take some in first entry, therefore stub is removed?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Instead of people jumping on the Bandwagon, for this. Why dont you turn up to 4 days games that actually matter? Just a thought.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Instead of people jumping on the Bandwagon, for this. Why dont you turn up to 4 days games that actually matter? Just a thought.

don't fuckin start, we're gonna have enough of this every time next season we play Southampton away, an FA cup match away, an FA cup match at home, when we're involved in a relegation battle, when we get to the play off final, when we need a point to win the league, when its a quid a ticket etc etc etc

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
don't fuckin start, we're gonna have enough of this every time next season we play Southampton away, an FA cup match away, an FA cup match at home, when we're involved in a relegation battle, when we get to the play off final, when we need a point to win the league, when its a quid a ticket etc etc etc

Just getting you prepared, that's all.:thumbsup:

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Sussex team to play the convicts from tomorrow.

Sussex CCC today announced their team ahead of tomorrow’s eagerly anticipated match against Australia, which runs through until Saturday at The County Ground, Hove.

Over 20,000 tickets have already been sold for the four days and it promises to be one of the most well attended matches at Hove in the county’s history.

This is the first match of Australia’s 2009 Ashes tour and the national side have been training this week in the sunshine at Hove. They will be looking hard at their squad ahead of the first test match, which takes place at Cardiff between the 8th and 12th of July.

The forecast is excellent and although Friday is sold out, there are still tickets available for the Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Tickets can be purchased via the website (Sussex County Cricket Club ), on the gate or by calling 0844 2640202.

Mark Robinson, Professional Cricket Manager, said: “It’s an honour to play against any international side and especially one as revered as Australia. It’s a great opportunity for this Sussex team to play and put a marker down for the Club and themselves for the future.”

Ricky Ponting, Australia captain, said: “We believe that the conditions here are more like the Cardiff wicket than anywhere else in the country so it will be good to get used to the pace and the bounce. It will be a good opportunity for our bowlers to get used to English conditions and get used to the lines and lengths they have to bowl. We are playing 12 players in this game, but that doesn’t mean we will just be using it as practise. We will play the game to win, there’s no doubt about that. It will be four days of good quality cricket which I hope the fans enjoy watching as well.”

The Sussex squad is as follows; WAT Beer, RJ Hamilton-Brown, AJ Hodd, CD Hopkinson, EC Joyce, RJ Kirtley, RSC Martin-Jenkins, CD Nash, OP Rayner, PSE Sandri, LJ Wright and MH Yardy (c).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here