Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Lancashire CCC, T20 Blast 1/4 Final, Hove, 1 October 2020***

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Tried to be sneaky with a pitch they’re not familiar with. Started off by restricting them to 140.
Forgot to factor-in our own batsmen inability to stay at the crease and done ourselves in.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Disappointing, even by Sussex standards.

It was disappointing 6 or so overs back.

Now it’s embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
And in 1 ball, Tymal Mills, perpetual no 11 batsman, shows more ability than most of our line up put together

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sad end to the season with Sussex

I just hope we can survive intact until next season with the massive financial pressures on the club

We have had to shead our highest paid players, lose the best coach in the world, I hope no staff are made redundant

Playing the youth has been a great watch

Lets hope we are back in the ground and watching a Sussex team next year

And the Cricketers Pub has gone to boot

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

I just hope we can survive intact until next season with the massive financial pressures on the club

We have had to shead our highest paid players, lose the best coach in the world, I hope no staff are made redundant

That’s just it. Bigger picture more important. Hope the group of players can stay together and build for next season (with fans). Durham have just had to release a hat full of players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who took the last wicket - Livingston, I presume?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Sussex players just saw the forecast for Saturday and thought they'd give it a miss.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You think he’s the best coach in the world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Forgot all about this til just now, I now have to try and forget it again having seen the result..... just 2 batsmen in double figures, utterly shameful.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been watching Sussex for 55 years and I'm struggling to think of a worse performance than that: maybe when they were bowled out for 49 in a GC semi in 1969, but today was shocking.

It's a pitch that's conducive to spin, as demonstrated by Lancashire and Briggs' figures, so we don't bowl our second spinner. What's the point of playing a bowler and not bowling him? It was a clearly a tricky pitch, one that needed careful watching so we see Salt and Wiese having big heaves after just a few balls.

And I just don't get the selection: apart from the bizarre treatment of Beer, there's the mystery of Bopara, who has done nothing this season. How come we didn't see Wells in the 4-day game because Dizzy wanted to give youth a go and yet Bopara, who's clearly past it, is a selection must. And why play Robinson, who's great in F/C cricket but really hasn't done the business in T20?

Nearly everything about today stank: the selection, the captaincy and the batting. Bring back Robbo and let's get things sorted out.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I've been watching Sussex for 55 years and I'm struggling to think of a worse performance than that: maybe when they were bowled out for 49 in a GC semi in 1969, but today was shocking.

It's a pitch that's conducive to spin, as demonstrated by Lancashire and Briggs' figures, so we don't bowl our second spinner. What's the point of playing a bowler and not bowling him? It was a clearly a tricky pitch, one that needed careful watching so we see Salt and Wiese having big heaves after just a few balls.

And I just don't get the selection: apart from the bizarre treatment of Beer, there's the mystery of Bopara, who has done nothing this season. How come we didn't see Wells in the 4-day game because Dizzy wanted to give youth a go and yet Bopara, who's clearly past it, is a selection must. And why play Robinson, who's great in F/C cricket but really hasn't done the business in T20?

Nearly everything about today stank: the selection, the captaincy and the batting. Bring back Robbo and let's get things sorted out.

Shocking. Success will be measured when they get permission to build on the sacred county ground and move HQ to Fulking. Dismal season. Awful. Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Gutless.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shocking. Success will be measured when they get permission to build on the sacred county ground and move HQ to Fulking. Dismal season. Awful. Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Gutless.

What angers me about this season is the complete inconsistency. On one hand, Dizzy is throwing a bunch of kids in, sidelining loyal servants like Wells. I'm not wholly against this idea although he was playing too many at once.

However, in recruiting new players, he signs three over the winter, all closer to the 40 than 30.

So, are we investing in youth or aren't we?

There are some bright signs: Rawlins is coming on a treat, Carson looks like a real find and Haines is showing that the faith in him has been justified, but the new coach has a task on his hands.

I wonder if it's worth repeating the strategy we had with Adams: find a feisty player from another county (preferably northern) offer him decent money as captain and get him to come down here and kick some arses. I've nothing against Ben Brown, he's a good player and Sussex through and through but I think that team needs a new spark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here