Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex CCC v Hampshire CCC (Official Thread)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perry Milkins said:

p79.jpg

:jester:

Great century by Murray. :bowdown:

We must focus on our game and not worry about Lancashire. Batting on when they could have declared earlier makes me think they have half an eye on getting a result, but more importantly a draw.

What are we to do now? Go for the max batting points quickly and declare, or slowly build a lead in the hope of bowling Hants out in just the last day.

Jul 20, 2003
Yesterday I told MG he was going to get a ton today, his response?

"I know"

what a lovely little chap

:clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
BarrelofFun said:
What are we to do now? Go for the max batting points quickly and declare, or slowly build a lead in the hope of bowling Hants out in just the last day.

The fact that it may rain most of tomorrow suggest a draw it the best we can get, as long as we get max batting points and assuming Lancs bowl out Warks it'll still be all square

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
280 for 3 at tea off 85 overs means we have 45 overs left to get to the maximum batting points for getting 400 runs. So we should reach that easily, may even reach it tonight which would be good.

Then I say we have to wait and see what the weather does but you would hope that by tonight we'll have wrapped up maximum batting points and got a lead of 50-70 runs.

We are in prime position and if we get unlucky with the weather then so be it. But keep being positive, we don't want to relax too much becuase with Warne in their side he could win the game for them in a session if we aren't careful.

Jul 20, 2003
another point

300/3

Adams starting to put the peddle to the metal 57*

Goodwin 106*

Jul 20, 2003
323/7

Goodwin STILL on 107

after a cautious start, Adams is going MENTAL

75 from 98

addendum: I'm really not focusing too good

:drink:

f*** work, might as well head down to the ground

have a good weekend all

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
pevenseagull said:
323/7

Goodwin STILL on 107

after a cautious start, Adams is going MENTAL

75 from 98

addendum: I'm really not focusing too good

:drink:

f*** work, might as well head down to the ground

have a good weekend all

??? ??? ???

323/5
Goodwin & Adams out

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
404/6

50 more and then declare or just throw the bat and see what happens? Can't see us losing this if we take a 100 lead into the second innings...

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
very important knocks to get the batting points. fingers crossed we have a good bit of bowling from Umshy and another win for the mighty Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here