Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex CCC v Hampshire CCC (Official Thread)

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
gazwag said:
are the lights permanent at Hove or are they bought in for the night matches, cant remember

Permanent I'm sure we were the first in the country to have them installed, just not sure if we can use them for County Championship matches

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
555kaz said:
Permanent I'm sure we were the first in the country to have them installed, just not sure if we can use them for County Championship matches

Its probably against non one day matches rules, especially if not all counties have permanent lights available

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Now, i must tell you what happened during the rain break at around 3.30 this afternoon... (Other than Shane Warne on the balcony chain smoking)...

There i was playing tennis ball cricket under the pavillion, i was on wicket keeper duties when who should come out to bowl with the tennis ball?... Mr Yasir Arafat... So there I was keeping wicket for Yasir Arafat... BUT... Not only that, guess who was standing right next to me?... Mr Mushtaq Ahmed... I was in heaven... I regret not stroking his beard while I had the chance though.

:love: :love: :love:

Trigger said:
Now, i must tell you what happened during the rain break at around 3.30 this afternoon... (Other than Shane Warne on the balcony chain smoking)...

There i was playing tennis ball cricket under the pavillion, i was on wicket keeper duties when who should come out to bowl with the tennis ball?... Mr Yasir Arafat... So there I was keeping wicket for Yasir Arafat... BUT... Not only that, guess who was standing right next to me?... Mr Mushtaq Ahmed... I was in heaven... I regret not stroking his beard while I had the chance though.

Truly marvellous scenes.

This sort of thing never happens at a football match. Although with McGhee in charge, who knows?

:D

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
nice one, what a diference between our well run and successful cricket club and the shambles we have for football!

it took what was considered to be a revolution to get the cricket club sorted but looks at the results!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trigger said:

:bowdown: :bowdown: Legendary!!

Players that have just won the FA Cup final of cricket and well within reach of winning the 'premiership' playing their sport on their pitch with their fans. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can the Sussex bunch do anything wrong?!!

:love: :love: :love: :love:

I am going tomorrow, even if the weather is crap. Mushy could learn a thing or two from my googlies.:blush:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BarrelofFun said:
Mushy could learn a thing or two from my googlies.:blush:

Don't wear your shorts then. :ohmy:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
mendoza10 said:
i will head down about 2pm after the 1st day of the sunday league football season!
That is about what time I am heading for... Grab a good bench and strawberry ice cream olive if you are there first.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here