Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex CCC v Hampshire CCC (Official Thread)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
283-7. Stand of 86. :( :( :down:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
at last, Warne out for 53

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hants finally all out for 347. Not what you'd have expected earlier in the day. Need to pick up all 5 batting points now, as Lancs have done, and work towards both games being draws.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And we didn't lose any wickets. :drink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here we go again, come on Sussex

We need maximum batting points today with tomorrow possibly wipe out due to rain and possibly the same on Sunday a draw is quite probable. It looks like little play in Blackpool due to rain, fingers crossed, which could give us the lead on bonus points.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ah yes, the cricket
a welcome disraction from transfer deadline day blues
:clap: :clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Guinness Dave said:
ah yes, the cricket
a welcome disraction from transfer deadline day blues
:clap: :clap:
A chance for us MOANERS to get together and enjoy a good old moan during the intervals, Ray Bloom is always there, might pull him up for a chat today.

:)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Both games underway. We've ticked onto 42-0, and bizarrely Lancs have opted to bat on at Blackpool. They're now 448-7. Quite why they haven't declared and started going for bowling points I'm not sure. To think they can bowl out Warwickshire twice and not bat again themselves seems wildly optimistic, given the weather forecast.

Oct 25, 2003
isn't it day 3 in the lancs game with more rain predicted?

very bizarre decision to carry on- shirley they have enough runs on the board?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Lanky 456-9 declared

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
bhafc99 said:
Both games underway. We've ticked onto 42-0, and bizarrely Lancs have opted to bat on at Blackpool. They're now 448-7. Quite why they haven't declared and started going for bowling points I'm not sure. To think they can bowl out Warwickshire twice and not bat again themselves seems wildly optimistic, given the weather forecast.

Not a mystery at all. They batted on for 450 to get the final batting point. They will then hope to bowl out Warwicks to get the max bowling points. That way, even if the weather intervenes, they should get 12 points.

We must do the same or better. I hope we can get a lead on Hants and then bowl them out cheaply. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here