Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently when he eventually got bowled it was a missed-steak pie that got him.
Not surprised. He probably had indigestion.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just catching up with this.

43 off one over unbelievable.

243 off 127 balls.

The sort of bowling you would expect after agreeing a target with the opposing captain.

At least it should have stopped the Sussex members nodding off in the sunshine.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not forgetting that last year we set Leicestershire 490 odd to win and only came home with about 15 runs to spare.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I’m claiming the win. Work stuff meant I couldn’t watch until right before the end but as soon as I tuned in we got the 9th wicket. You’re welcome!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Serious question: were Sussex bowlers feeding Kimber easy balls in the hope he'd make a mistake?
At times they just seemed to be whamming it down and often short. It was painful to watch.

His technique is hardly a work of perfection and keeping a calm line and length is often the key. One ball he moved a good set of stumps away to create room. The last thing you bowl is a bouncer. A yorker is the correct approach. But no, a mad leg side bumper sailed into the stands. Paul F must have been apoplectic.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
At times they just seemed to be whamming it down and often short. It was painful to watch.

His technique is hardly a work of perfection and keeping a calm line and length is often the key. One ball he moved a good set of stumps away to create room. The last thing you bowl is a bouncer. A yorker is the correct approach. But no, a mad leg side bumper sailed into the stands. Paul F must have been apoplectic.
I watched the video of the 43 run over... surely it's possible to avoid bowling so many no balls in such a situation . It was a weird watch!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
An utterly bonkers half day of cricket. Feel for Kimber though. If he keeps that up he’ll be warming the reserves bench for Notts or Surrey soon!

Funnily enough I did think Kimber would eventually get out playing like he did. So many near catches + the drops + the mistimed shots only just avoiding playing on. Certainly got too close for comfort however and the plan B just didn’t come when required.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah, we did better than I thought. Here was me thinking it was a Sussex BOWLER…

IMG_1055.jpeg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Serious question: were Sussex bowlers feeding Kimber easy balls in the hope he'd make a mistake?
It looked very similar to recent England tactics to tailenders.

Bowled by an England bowler, a few days after another one went for 30odd in a over

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I watched the video of the 43 run over... surely it's possible to avoid bowling so many no balls in such a situation . It was a weird watch!
Never mind the situation, I don't think there's any excuse for a professional bowler to bowl a front foot no ball.

I'm still pissed off with Stuart Broad for losing that first ashes test last year. :angry: :angry::angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here