Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Great news! Assuming Yorkshire win, am I right in thinking we only need 4 points from the Middlesex game to win the title?
Yeah I think it’s only 4 more points.

1) Sussex 221
2) Middlesex 186 (can’t catch Sussex)
3) Yorkshire 179

Yorkshire have 6 bonus points to come, plus a potential 16 for a win. So would go to 201. Meaning their max is 225, and level points means Sussex finish higher.

Even Yorkshire failing to make 300 in their next game will also give us the title…

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. what a pick for skipper.

What a magnificent achievement by the club. The turn around from a couple of years ago is remarkable and dong it with home grown players too. Simpson has also been a superb signing and leader. Can't wait for next week. Lets hope the weather behaves..
A superb signing as skipper, but also as a player...

1110 runs - second highest in the division.
44 wicket-keeping dismissals - also second highest in the division.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You only sing when we're winning ;)
Yeah, guilty as charged. :)

I'm afraid, like a lot of people did with the Albion when we slumped down the divisions, I did turn my back on Sussex CCC during the Andrew/Gillespie era. I never went to the matches, I stopped checking the results and the league tables as they depressed me. Fair play to all those of you who stayed loyal and faithful.

In my defence I'll say that it wasn't just the general shit-ness of Sussex that turned me off as Lord knows we've been shit before. It was a combination of that and the state of English county cricket in general and the knowledge that we will probably be a 2nd Class county for evermore as the ECB seemed determined to focus on the 'big' counties leaving us to pick up the scraps.

Anyway, enough of that. Great to see us back in the first division; now let's see if we can 'do an Albion' and upset the established order a bit.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Great work by Farbrace and team.

However, it has ruined the traditional Sussex Cricket threads - the gallows humour was always a highlight of a dismal cricket season.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Great news! Assuming Yorkshire win, am I right in thinking we only need 4 points from the Middlesex game to win the title?
Worked it out, if Yorkshire win current match they get 22 points, 20 points behind us, if, IF they got max points from their last match it would put them on 225 so we'd need 5 points as we have more wins. Home to Northamptonshire so, depending on weather, fair chance they will win it but unlikely they'll get 5 batting points.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Great work by Farbrace and team.

However, it has ruined the traditional Sussex Cricket threads - the gallows humour was always a highlight of a dismal cricket season.
Just wait until next year.

New Englander

Sep 13, 2024
Magnificent. What a proud day to be a Sussex supporter. Finally feels like the club are heading in a very positive direction, and huge credit to Messrs Farbrace, Filby, and many, many others. I think there will be a lot of smiles on a lot of face around the county and up and down the country and beyond. I'll be raising a glass in the general direction of Hove tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here