Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He's toured with the Lions a couple of times, they might just think that they'll get more out of taking a couple of younger players.

Maybe doesn't fit in with the notably tall and/or quick through the air mould of spinner they seem to be leaning towards for the test team.
I think this is the case. Once you've been on a couple, what is the point of another? They are about looking at possible future England players, but the players have to go off and justify selection for the full teams later on.

Carson will get noticed if he can take 50 wickets in Div 1 next season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think this is the case. Once you've been on a couple, what is the point of another? They are about looking at possible future England players, but the players have to go off and justify selection for the full teams later on.

Carson will get noticed if he can take 50 wickets in Div 1 next season.
Oh, just like Chohan's selection for the white ball team you mean???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh, just like Chohan's selection for the white ball team you mean???
Or Bashir's selection for the test team. It's true that he has a reasonable record but he was bowling against India on a couple of bunsens and then played against the test equivalent of the Dog and Duck's Third XI. Outside of test matches, his bowling average is 75 - and that's someone whose home ground is Ciderabad.

I can buy the idea that they wouldn't to take Carson on another Lions tour but I can't work out why Bashir is ahead of him for the test team - particularly as Carson is the better batter by some distance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here