Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Champions :clap2:
461076144_939758854860958_5287200646393968779_n.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Telegraph report says no budget for any new players for next season.

Lets hope the current young crop continue their development.
Yeah, may be a tough one. Although Durham and Worcs survived this season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Telegraph report says no budget for any new players for next season.

Lets hope the current young crop continue their development.
Oh really? That's a shame as I feel we need a bit more quality. Hopefully Lamb will be back for next season from injury at least.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We're at least one fast bowler short and if Robinson gets his way back into the England squad, we would be in big trouble.
BUT…the England setup want Jofra playing tests next season. Could we see him for a game or two at the start of the season?

As for Ollie, I think his ship has sailed. I don’t know what happened but it feels like the trust has gone, and that’s tough to come back from. My suspicion is he’s now a long way down the pecking order.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If the ECB allow Archer to play a game or two early next season we could have Seales, Robinson and Archer as the early season attack.
I think the ECB will definitely want Archer to play: he wants to play test cricket, England want him to play test cricket but as he hasn't played a FC for a few years, the ECB will need to check his fitness.

Robinson will clearly play the whole season, he's lost his central contract and he's way behind Wood, Woakes, Atkinson, Stone, Potts, Hull and Archer (?) in the pecking order.

I don't think we're that far short of being a decent Div 1 side. Archer, Robbo, Seales and Carson is a class attack and Haines/Hughes a solid opening pair. Simpson won't have a such a good season this time round but he's a fine Div 1 player. The middle order looks worrying though, unless Coles really jumps up a class.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Does Archer’s contract with Sussex cover CC matches, or does the ECB decide that?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think the ECB will definitely want Archer to play: he wants to play test cricket, England want him to play test cricket but as he hasn't played a FC for a few years, the ECB will need to check his fitness.

Robinson will clearly play the whole season, he's lost his central contract and he's way behind Wood, Woakes, Atkinson, Stone, Potts, Hull and Archer (?) in the pecking order.

I don't think we're that far short of being a decent Div 1 side. Archer, Robbo, Seales and Carson is a class attack and Haines/Hughes a solid opening pair. Simpson won't have a such a good season this time round but he's a fine Div 1 player. The middle order looks worrying though, unless Coles really jumps up a class.
Yes another experienced batter is a must. Hopefully Farbrace can pull another one out of the hat. Lamb also should be fit next year.

I wonder if FHP might be a bit of a spare part next year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes another experienced batter is a must. Hopefully Farbrace can pull another one out of the hat. Lamb also should be fit next year.

I wonder if FHP might be a bit of a spare part next year.
Maybe they can get Orr back, he's not been a roaring success at Hants, been playing in the seconds at the end of the season (and not scoring heavily there, although he did a ton in his last innings). He has a rocky relationship with Farbrace though, so that may be a non-starter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here