Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Inspection at 12:00. 🌧️
What's it like on the coast? Uckfield is getting dumped on currently, and it looks like it's not going anywhere fast.

Edit: OK, checked the radar. The weather is sinking south from the north, so the heavy rain I'm getting now is going towards the ground. IMO no chance of play today looking at the radar, this band of rain will put paid to that idea of an inspection at noon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's it like on the coast? Uckfield is getting dumped on currently, and it looks like it's not going anywhere fast.

Edit: OK, checked the radar. The weather is sinking south from the north, so the heavy rain I'm getting now is going towards the ground. IMO no chance of play today looking at the radar, this band of rain will put paid to that idea of an inspection at noon.
Yep. We'll be in the deluge soon.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
TBF, we've had years where the weather at the end of Sep/ beginning of Oct has been gorgeous
I mean, you get the odd nice day in January. Should we play it all through the winter? Just think, we could get another tournament in where just the sides with test playing grounds bowl 50 balls at each over and everything is called something different

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I mean, you get the odd nice day in January. Should we play it all through the winter? Just think, we could get another tournament in where just the sides with test playing grounds bowl 50 balls at each over and everything is called something different
So the county championship matches could be played nov to feb

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So the county championship matches could be played nov to feb
March to May is the driest period of the year. You need ten jumpers out there mind. September is generally drier than August in the UK- as is February.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Aha, I spot a cunning plan to move the 100 to Feb and sept. Gets my vote.
What a good idea !

Only needs four weeks. So February is best. I'd probably watch it then. Saturday evening fun. Maybe we could get Ant and Dec to present it. Graham Norton on commentary as fielders run around dressed as bags of crisps. A reincarnated Eddie Waring as the umpire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here