Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had to Google the answer as well. If I said the player in question also played for East Grinstead would that help anyone or is that too big a clue? ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Managed to get there by googling a random Surrey v Sussex match from 1990ish, looking at the Sussex attack and thinking "oh yeah, it'll be him".

Top fact that.
I'll add a clue to say that this player did play Test cricket- although he may wish to thank his fiance for the opportunity he got... It didn't help much as England suffered one of their worst ever defeats. Possibly even one of the quickest defeats ever.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'll add a clue to say that this player did play Test cricket- although he may wish to thank his fiance for the opportunity he got... It didn't help much as England suffered one of their worst ever defeats. Possibly even one of the quickest defeats ever.
That clue has given it away to me. Superb stat

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Must be Tony Pigott!
Screenshot 2024-09-22 223546.png

Not sure what Roger Knight was doing at 11. He didn't bat in the first innings either, and that with Surrey batting first. May have been injured. Whatever it was, it got Surrey the draw.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He had the most expensive economy rate at Lord's in the 1993 NatWest Trophy final for a Sussex bowler though. 31 years later it doesn't get any easier.
Yes, I was there that day :cry:. At tea Warwicks were 7-1 at the bookies. Sussex had set a record total that lasted four hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here